March 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress shopping

I'm very excited to start looking for dresses not only for me but for my bridesmaids and flower girl (and I'm even excited to pick out tuxes with the boys).  My question is when to start looking!  I have no idea the time frame to start looking (especially with the fower girl and the tuxes). 

What do you guys think?? When will you start looking?Laughing

March 2012 December Siggy Challenge- My Bouquet
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
160image Invited to Our Disney Wedding!
55image Are ready to party
43image Are missing out
62image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/9

Re: Dress shopping

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2010
    I'm planning on going in February so the new dresses will be out.  That will give 13 months to get everything right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually already bought my dress a month ago.  There was a trunk sale at a local shop and I went and found a great deal.  If you don't know what type of dress you're looking for, it's never too early to start looking!  I knew exactly what designer and what style I wanted, so I figured I might as well go for it!  I have had no doubts in my mind about the dress, and knew the second I put it on that there would be no other dress that could out do it.  I'm really glad I bought it, because it's not on the designer's website anymore, so I could've missed out!

It really depends on your personality.  I'm the MOH for my best friend's wedding and she put a deposit on a dress a year and a half in advance and then decided it wasn't her dress.  But I'm happy with my decision, and I shopped early.  It's just waiting the 4-5 months for it to come in that's going to kill me! :)

Best of luck!
  • Options
    I have been looking, I know what I want and I need 3 months to save for it lol, but before I buy I am attending running of the brides, I have picked my girls dresses off dessy.com and they will order online by late spring and do a fitting in the summer and have it ready by fall/winter next yr. The men tux are simple not even thinking about it and for the girls I am looking, my daughter dress will be a major wow factor ( Bride dress = Bridesmaid dress)   Daughter Dress ............... 

http://www.zone4kids.com/Ladybug_FlowerGirl_Dress_Ladybug_1223_Flower_Girl_Dresses.html

If not this one then one from this website
  • Options
    I just bought my dress so excitting!!! When I went dress shopping I did not think I was going to fall in love with a dress! But I did and I love it!

The dress does not come in for another 4 -6 months! So crazy I can't wait to see it again!

So far I have the venue, church, dress, and will be signing the contract for the photographer by Monday!

I know it is 16 months away, but I rather lock in the 2010 pricing!!
  • Options
    I havent started dress shopping but davids bridals virtual wedding thing helps a lot in deciding the you like and if you do or dont want your bridesmaids matching
  • Options
    I actually just bought my dress last week!! One of my bridesmaids was up from florida so i gathered my bridesmaids and went looking for their dresses.  I had also said I would try on a few.  I tried on four dresses & fell in love!! For some reason, I didn't believe it when people said "you just know" but... its true!  I wound up buying my dress and my bridesmaid dresses, too.

If you want my advice, I would start looking for your dress.  You never know how long it will take to find "the one" and it take awhile to come in after its ordered.  (i ordered mine last week and it won't be in until august!)
    *aLLi*
  • Options
    I was just engaged Christmas eve, and I am already ready to start dress shopping! I am very indecisive so I am hoping getting an early start will help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards