March 2012 Weddings

Hotel block frustrations... vent

So, I've been working with a very nice woman in group sales to coordinate a block of rooms for our OOT guests at a pretty nice Hilton hotel.  She is fantatsic, but I've been getting nervous because every time she sends me a list of who booked in our block... its the same people, and people keep telling me they booked.

So I finally find time to call while she's in the office and literally go down my guest list and give her names of people who have told me they booked rooms.  Sure enough, they're booked... they're just not assigned to our block.  The front desk staff has been entering things like "wedding" or my FH's last name spelled wrong into the group field.

So apparently, we do have 20 rooms booked and get ours for free... and not the 8 she thought we had.

It seems ridiculous that I had to spend half an hour on the phone to fix their front desk mistakes.... grrr.

Re: Hotel block frustrations... vent

• That is annoying you spent that much time!
    Atleast you got it sorted out now! And that's nice you get your room free!
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I dealt with the same problem last week 9 e-mails later my list went from 5 to 12.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_hotel-block-frustrations-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:15e36896-bb28-4274-92f4-e87c868eb77dPost:e293c953-1a7c-46af-a6be-3f2da24512c3">Hotel block frustrations... vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I've been working with a very nice woman in group sales to coordinate a block of rooms for our OOT guests at a pretty nice Hilton hotel.  She is fantatsic, but I've been getting nervous because every time she sends me a list of who booked in our block... its the same people, and people keep telling me they booked. So I finally find time to call while she's in the office and literally go down my guest list and give her names of people who have told me they booked rooms.  Sure enough, they're booked... they're just not assigned to our block.  The front desk staff has been entering things like "wedding" or my FH's last name spelled wrong into the group field. So apparently, we do have 20 rooms booked and get ours for free... and not the 8 she thought we had. It seems ridiculous that I<strong>had to spend half an hour on the phone to fix their front desk mistakes.... grrr.
    </strong>Posted by harmony0417[/QUOTE]

I hate it when people are careless and don't pay attention to what they are doing.  You have a job, be thankful and do it right or someone else who needs a job and would do it right should get it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_hotel-block-frustrations-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:15e36896-bb28-4274-92f4-e87c868eb77dPost:e293c953-1a7c-46af-a6be-3f2da24512c3">Hotel block frustrations... vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I've been working with a very nice woman in group sales to coordinate a block of rooms for our OOT guests at a pretty nice Hilton hotel.  She is fantatsic, but I've been getting nervous because every time she sends me a list of who booked in our block... its the same people, and people keep telling me they booked. So I finally find time to call while she's in the office and literally go down my guest list and give her names of people who have told me they booked rooms. <strong> Sure enough, they're booked... they're just not assigned to our block. </strong> The front desk staff has been entering things like "wedding" or my FH's last name spelled wrong into the group field. So apparently, we do have 20 rooms booked and get ours for free... and not the 8 she thought we had. It seems ridiculous that I had to spend half an hour on the phone to fix their front desk mistakes.... grrr.
    Posted by harmony0417[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>we had the same thing this week! except it took 3 phone calls to 2 diffeent peope to realize this.  i went over all the people booked an dmine and fiances wasnt even on there nd neither were 4 other rooms.. so annoying and we had confirmations number-they said oh well our confirmatiosn numbers dont begin with the number 3 only 6-im like well i ahev this whole page printed out with that...apparently when u book through a block the confirmation number is this pending number that they give u neds to be replaced.  just so weird and annoying..glad urs is all worked out and so is ours now!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that is sooo annoying..... no one ever takes into consideration how hard you work for this day.... at least you got it all figured out!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards