March 2012 Weddings
Options

XP- Groom's Deceased Mother in Program

My Fiance's Mother passed away when he was a teenager and his father is remarried for almost 20 years now.  We want to mention his Mother's name in the program under the "parents of the Groom section" but do not want to slight his step mother.  We are already doing a "in memory section" but want to acknowledge her as his mother.  So far the best thing we have found is

PARENTS OF THE GROOM
John and Jane Doe

IN SPIRIT

Susan Doe

We don't like the other way we have seen which is

Parents of the Groom

John and Jane Doe and the Late Susan Doe

But we don't love the way listed above.  Any other ideas?  

Thanks

Re: XP- Groom's Deceased Mother in Program

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I think the in spirit is a very nice way to add her in. Since you are already doing a in memory of, that works well. That is a really great thing your doing!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like the first way you did it. I wish I had thought about that when we made our programs.  Fi's father passed 6-7 years ago and his mom has remarried.  We have his mom/ stepdad listed under "parents of the groom" and his dad is first on the "in memory" list on the back.  In hindsight (and if I hadn't printed all 150 of them already), I wish we did what you did for his dad.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I did under my name..

daughter of Gail middle last
    and the late Ronald middle last

and then in a little memoriam section I wrote a little note about him as well. 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry I just noticed that you didn't like it the way I did it, but I thought it looked okay on a second line. This is how mine was done (just a piece of the program)

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you all for the input!!!  I like how yours look jml1981.  My FI Sister didn't like the wording with "late", I think that looks nice though.  we might do it anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards