March 2012 Weddings

Am I being dumb?

So I'm four days away (getting married this Saturday WOO HOO) and my sister/bff/MOH told me that she gets too hot in her dress and wants to take it off after the ceremony. UMM..WTF?! Now, I'm not trying to be a zilla on her or anything, and I don't want her to be uncomfortable, but I guess I am just a little bummed because on HER wedding day I wore a FLOOR LENGTH SATIN GOWN. Ugh.

Anyway, I expressed that to her and she was like, 'Oh..well i guess NEVERMIND' all upset. And so I told her, just do whatever makes you comfortable. So she goes, Well apparently I cant! Anyway, I just thought about it and and I wanted both my sisters/MOHs to have the same dress on throughout the whole reception because i'm having cinematic highlights made, and I wanted continuity.

Then again, I guess I can just shut up and not care. :/

Re: Am I being dumb?

• Not being dumb... why wouldn't they stay in their dress for the recption.. for them to change would just be silly!
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I would totally use the stress of the wedding as an excuse and be a zilla and tell her she needs to suck it up and wear the dress the entire evening - and point out that you did it for her and didn't even complain to her about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_am-i-being-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:2171d523-3660-4c37-9f8a-fc00317386a2Post:a77602e8-69a7-492d-8c16-700c863e780b">Re: Am I being dumb?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not being dumb... why wouldn't they stay in their dress for the recption.. for them to change would just be silly!
    Posted by nikkinay89[/QUOTE]

And it's a LIGHT CHIFFON THAT SHE CHOSE! Ugh. In her wedding I was outside in humid assss houston in a satin floor length. I'm not trying to be nasty towards her. She's been SIMPLY AMAZING to me in every way shape and form. But the idea of her changing makes me sad bc I wanted everyone to know all night that she was my MOH. :(
  • That's weird... I've never been to a wedding where any bridesmaids change out of their dress. Are you all being introduced at the beginning of the reception?  IMO, it would be really random for her to walk in in a different dress. If you stuck it out in a BM dress for her wedding, I'd tell her to suck it up! :)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_am-i-being-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:2171d523-3660-4c37-9f8a-fc00317386a2Post:64d49b0e-7aaa-4703-9a43-107fc8a731d2">Re: Am I being dumb?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's weird... I've never been to a wedding where any bridesmaids change out of their dress. Are you all being introduced at the beginning of the reception?  IMO, it would be really random for her to walk in in a different dress. If you stuck it out in a BM dress for her wedding, I'd tell her to suck it up! :)
    Posted by cmac3504[/QUOTE]

I'm not announcing our bridal party, but I think that maybe me making that face or mentioning it MIGHT be enough for her to just wear the damn thing. It's even a spaghetti strap! She said she would bring extra clothes just in case.

UM NO MA'AM.
  • wow... i would of gone zilla on her... haha sounds horrible but i mean its YOUR wedding!!! and you were there for her on her big day!!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never seen anyone change out of their dress into something different except for the bride. That's ridiculous IMO. My girls are changing to flip flops, but noone has said anything about changing dresses.

WEIRD.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Ummm... what would she change into that would be less heavy than a chiffon dress??? ... I have never seen or heard of this before and if she seriously does that... She is going to look like a dumbass!  I really hope that you tell her how much it would mean to you if she stayed in it.  Besides she paid for the dress right!?  WHY wouldn't she want to wear it for the entire time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yea. Bleugh...I don know. Here's the dress, but in champagne:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Spaghetti-Strap-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Waist-F12495_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

I think I'll just hope she doesn't change, since I already told her I'd prefer it if she doesn't 

:/
  • Not sure if this was mentioned but what about the simple fact of photo opportunities? Like pp's said tell her to suck it up. She will get over it!
  • That is not cool, I would have gone zilla on her! My FI's BM said he was changing out of the tux right after the ceremony and he was corrected very fast by FI. He was told he will stay in the tux at the reception as well but could take off the jacket if he wanted too.

I don't think any of the wedding party should change into something else but that is just me. My girls are going to change shoes but so am I. Good luck with this one. I mean it is only one night I don't see what the big deal is with staying in the dress.
    imageAnniversary
  • That dress doesn't look heavy or hot AT ALL. I would tell her to suck it up, wear the dress and get over it (you know..in nice terms hahaha). The dress is beautiful, she will be fine for 12 hours of her whole life!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've never heard of a BM changing for the reception. That being said - maybe she was having a bad day? I think you made your feelings on it pretty clear. It's up to her to decide what to do. Logistically, I don't see when she would even have a chance to change, but that's just me. I hope it all works out how you want it! Maybe tell her there will be video? Maybe she's thinking that after the pictures she's done for the night. Even so, if she does change and is in the video at the reception, it's just going to look like she wasn't a BM, and I doubt anyone else would notice.

Still, I think it's odd and a little bit selfish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards