North Carolina
Options

Elopement Ideas

Hi Ladies I am new to the boards here and I am looking for elopement ides. We are thinking Charleston or Savannah but we are open to any ideas in NC SC or GA. Thanks!

Re: Elopement Ideas

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What exactly are you looking for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest we really arent set on anything. I like the idea of a romantic kind of whimsical location but I can work with anything at this point. I found one place in Savannah called the Gastonian that we really like, however, we would like to have more than one option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think for an elopement it really depends on where you can get an officiant and a license. 

If you're looking for a specific type of place, then maybe we might have some suggestions.  But really, every lakeside, mountaintop, beach, large tree, historic site, and courthouse in the state would be good for an elopement. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like nostalgia. My father in law is a Preacher so that is not going to be a problem as long as we stay in NC SC or GA, I would like to find a place that offers location and accomidations kind of a package deal if you will. Maybe a small wedding would be more appropriate wording
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe research B&B's in the cities you like. Some offer elopement packages.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I think we're having a semantics problem.  When you say "elopement" I'm picturing you, your FI, your minister, and your two witnesses.  And I'm having a tough time coming up with a place where you couldn't do that.  A girl on E the other day said she was planning their elopement to take place in their favorite used bookstore.  When H and I talked about eloping we discussed some places in our favorite state parks. 

So when you say "small wedding" do you mean something more than that ^ ? Are we talking you and your 20 closest friends?  Again, give us something to work with.  I think PP's suggestion of researching B&Bs is good.

When you say "nostalgic" do you mean you want to dress like it's the 40s and get married on a battleship? Do you want a hoop skirt and a plantation wedding?  I'm not seeing your vision.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards