March 2012 Weddings

License

How far in advance are you getting your marriage license?  In FL there is a 3 day waiting period and it is valid for 60 days so getting it 1 month before should be fine right?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: License

• That should definitely be fine. Texas has a 3 day waiting period and it's valid for 30 days so we'll probably go about 2 weeks before.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Indiana license is good for 3 months so we got ours at the begining of the month already! Its just waiting to be signed!! haha
  • We're getting ours the morning of!  Surprised

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• in Michigan you have to apply 33 days before the actual wedding and not before so I will be applying for mine on Valentines Day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got ours today!! In AZ, they are good for a year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    120image Invited to our wedding!
    72 image Are ready to party
    1 image Are missing out
    47 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/10
  • we are going soon, in IL you have 60 days before hand to get yours so we just have to find a good date to go :)
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will be getting our next month. In KY there is no waiting period and they are only good for 30 days.
    imageAnniversary
  • We are going 3/2, which is 30 days beforehand.. Lasts 60 days in CT. My Priest cautioned us to make sure there are at least 2 weeks left over just to be safe (ie we had a hurricane last august and many weddings had to be postponed).
    Anniversary
  • We are going on Thursday to get ours!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:325443e8-dd34-4bef-8196-a29b6310023cPost:919c820a-fa85-4ee2-b20a-ec3488968b19">Re: License</a>:
    [QUOTE]That should definitely be fine. Texas has a 3 day waiting period and it's valid for 30 days so we'll probably go about 2 weeks before.
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

Same thing here in NJ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In NC the license is good for 60 days with no waiting period.  I'm just waiting for FH to pick a day to either go into work late or come home early so we can go to the courthouse and get it
  • PA is a 3 day waiting period..and we can get it 60 days prior..so we're going on Monday after Superbowl...so excited...:)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That should be fine. If you take a premarital class - they will reduce the cost by $30 and waive the 3 day waiting period. I only know that because we are in FL - we got ours last week. But getting it a month out should definitely be fine, as long as you get it a week out, you'll be good to go :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That should definitely be fine. In NY there's a 24 hour waiting period and it's good for 60 days. I'm going on Monday to get it and I can't wait.
  • Yup, I'm in FL too and we haven't even picked which date we're going to get it yet. I'm not stressing about it because it's good for 60 days and the waiting period is only 3 days. I wonder how much the premarital class is and if it's too late to take one?
  • We already have ours; we got it toward the end of December since it's good for up to a year in AZ.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're in FL too. We're getting ours 3wks before.
    image 110 Invited
    image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
    RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
    Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards