March 2012 Weddings

Is anyone DIY'ing or buying...

a hoodie to wear on the day of?  Like one that says bride to be or Mrs. NewLastName?  I was kind of thinking about it - but then I think it might be kind of a waste because I don't think I'd wear it again.  I mean besides the wedding day and possibly the plane ride for the HM. 

ETA: I mean I would probably wear it around the house and on those lazy days - although i know that FI would make fun of me for it :)   Also I think if i got one that says MRS Lastname it wouldn't look quite so stupid...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Is anyone DIY'ing or buying...

• nope :) the only 'bridal' gear I have is a shirt from VS that says 'Sexy Little Bride', but I plan on wearing it on my Bachelorette :)
  • I wanted to, but as time ticks by I'm running out of time to wear it!

Maybe if I got one that says bride I could wear it on the honeymoon too.... that would be kind of nice because we'll be gone for awhile...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • I thought about it because they're so cute in photos but I just don't think I can pay for it when I know how little use I'll get out of it.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think so. If I did it would be with my new last name. My cousin just got married and her BM got her a silk robe that said "bride" on it, her comment to go with it was, "I know it seems like you can only wear this one day, but it (husband's name) eyes, you will always be his bride. It was super cheesy but incredibly cute. The only time I've considered liking "bride" instead of "Mrs. Futurelastname"
  • I saw those 'bride' robes at VS the other day. I think their cute, but I already have a little white hoodie that I'll wear that day. I don't think I'm going to put anything on it, though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• IF I were to do on I would get one with my new last name on it. But it would also be something I would wear again. I would make one from like NFL.com with my favorite team on it or one with my favorite college team. That way it can be worn anytime.
    imageAnniversary
  • Ahh definitely haven't even thought about that.  I agree that it seems sort of silly because it'll be "obsolete" after the wedding/honeymoon....... I'll probably look around for one and see how much it'd cost me.  It'll probably be pretty cold in Mar/Apr here in the northeast so it might be worth it!

Anniversary
  • I got 3 tanks on clearance for $5 each at VS- they say "Bachalorette", "Sexy Little Bride" and "Just Married".  I figured they were cute for the price and I'll wear them for the HM but I wouldn't have paid full price ($32 each) for them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm trying to buy a "Sexy Little Bride" hoodie off eBay and then re-selling it.  You can usually get back what you paid for it if you buy it on sale.  :)

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• I really really want one but it just doesn't seem worth the money!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-diying-buying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:462bb35f-e824-482a-bb77-b8e2ea41a49fPost:a608aa90-8799-40ec-b992-c776e6ceb65c">Re: Is anyone DIY'ing or buying...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really really want one but it just doesn't seem worth the money!
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

<div>I know!  .... but somewhere i read that they did it for 15$.... including the hoodie - so either they had a white one already and re-uesd it or they bought a super cheap one?  I just think it would be so nice to wear while getting ready and then on the plane ride.... I might try to DIY it.  and see how it goes....</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I always get pajamas from VS from my mom every year for Christmas...and this year she is going to buy me the white velour hoddie sweatsuit, so that way I can wear it the morning of.

Also, I went to Hobby Lobby today and got three  iron-on glitter stickers all for $2.99 each...they say "Bride", "Matron of Honor", and "Flower Girl" in a super fun cute font. I plan to buy cheap $5 tanks at old navy or somewhere and make them so we can all wear them the night before and morning of...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-diying-buying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:462bb35f-e824-482a-bb77-b8e2ea41a49fPost:757d2a2e-3c9f-472b-99ab-2f4d791ceb5f">Re: Is anyone DIY'ing or buying...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always get pajamas from VS from my mom every year for Christmas...and this year she is going to buy me the white velour hoddie sweatsuit, so that way I can wear it the morning of. Also, I went to Hobby Lobby today and got three  iron-on glitter stickers all for $2.99 each...they say "Bride", "Matron of Honor", and "Flower Girl" in a super fun cute font. I plan to buy cheap $5 tanks at old navy or somewhere and make them so we can all wear them the night before and morning of...
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

<div>That is a great idea!!  Maybe I'll do something like that!  </div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-diying-buying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:462bb35f-e824-482a-bb77-b8e2ea41a49fPost:1e284b04-3103-4b81-a41e-ebf0380e0486">Re: Is anyone DIY'ing or buying...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got 3 tanks on clearance for $5 each at VS- they say "Bachalorette", "Sexy Little Bride" and "Just Married".  I figured they were cute for the price and I'll wear them for the HM but I wouldn't have paid full price ($32 each) for them.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal, I'm jealous! You can't buy much online and I can never find the shirts at any of my local VS stores. However, I bought tanks and the iron on titles for myself, my MOH, all my bridesmaids, and flower girl. I'll wear that tank in the morning when we go the venue (side note: I'm worried my coordinator won't create my perfect vision, so although she doesn't know this yet, I'm taking all my BM there in the morning to "help" her). However, I totally want the robe to wear while I'm getting ready. I'll wear it on the honeymoon and probably even at home for the first little while. I'm kind of hoping I'll get it at my shower. If not, I won't be buying it.

For those that find all these things expensive, I see so many people reselling wedding day attire after their weddings, so you can totally try to make your money back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards