North Carolina
Options

Recommend your Movie

DH and I have netflix instead of cable since we don't actually watch that much tv, but I've been finding our queue a little boring lately.

What are you favorite movies, both old and new?

Do you have an shows (like psych, friends etc.. . ) that you would recommend?

Humor me!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Recommend your Movie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I had that same problem when we had Netflix! It's just so hard to choose.

I'm a TV fanatic...I couldn't survive without cable to props to you! I love Gossip Girl (even FI gets into it), Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Nikita on the CW, Desperate Housewives. Lots of girl shows...sorry I'm no help on the appealing to all audiences types.

We hardly ever go to see movies, so I'm no help there. But there are lots out right now that look really cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weeds and Nip/Tuck but tv shows are a PITA to get on Netflix because they send you one disc at a time.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_recommend-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:fdd25f32-dd8f-416d-8c1a-55e983b32b28Post:ba393745-52fb-46f3-968c-ee23ebf19178">Re: Recommend your Movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weeds and Nip/Tuck
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

Loveeee weeds! I started watching it because I was bored and then got hooked! Season 1-5 is on netflix. Waiting for Season 6 :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Season 6 is on youtube. Someone posted the new episodes every week so FI and I got to watch them even though we don't have Showtime.
  • Options
    HeelsDeahlHeelsDeahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the best movies I have seen this year are The Kids are Alright, Cyrus, and Greenberg (in that order). I don't think Cyrus is out yet on netflix, and The Kids are alright comes to netflix in another week or so.

I love Weeds too. I want to get into watching Nurse Jackie. I gave Californication a chance but just could not get into it. Love the showtime stuff.
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite older movies: French Kiss, Love Actually, The Holiday etc

Our favorite TV shows: Modern Family(so good!), Gossip Girl, Glee, Bones, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice.... I have a really full DVR every week!  All of these you can watch online too! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dexter, firefly (watch before movie Serendity), big bang theory tv shows

movies - stranger than fiction, amelie, silence of the lambs, sense and sensibility (kate winslet version), uptown girls (brittany murphy)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not huge on movies but I second watching Dexter -- the FI got me hooked on it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • Options
    chels0712chels0712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite Movies: The Princess Bride and A Walk to Remember
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out foreign films...we loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's Swedish with subtitles, but it and the sequel were kick*ss!  There is a 3rd out in theaters now in Europe...heard it wasnt as good, but we'll be streaming it on netflix when it's available.

The Descent is a great creepy thriller.

If I think of others I'll let you know.  Maria Full  of Grace was a good (but serious) foreign film.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards