March 2012 Weddings

Anyone else have a sixpence?....

which is actually the end of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in her shoe. But my shoes are slides and it will definitely fall out. My grandma used it for her wedding and she just passed away last year, married over 60 years. My mom carried it too and she's been married over 30, so I definitely want those good vibes. Anyone have an idea where to stash it? I was thinking maybe I can tuck it into the wrap on my flowers or tape it to the bottom of my shoe right near the heel so hopefully it doesn't fall off, but I'd really hate to lose it.

Re: Anyone else have a sixpence?....

• How about in your bra?
  • bra or flowers i really like that idea. umm...is there anyway to make a pocket on the inside of your dress anywhere so you can put it there???
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think bra would be best. I got one from my fiance's grandmother in law and think I will wear it in my shoe for the ceremony. My dress has pockets, though, so I can do that if the shoe thing doesn't work.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No bra. :( I had cups sewn in. I don't know if there's a hole in mine. I might be able to sew it into the inner hem. Thanks, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards