March 2012 Weddings

Any Advice for the day of?

So the big day for me is this Friday. I started a list of things I shouldn't forget but I need advice from the girls that did it already. Is there something you forgot? Something you would change? Any advice for the day of???

Re: Any Advice for the day of?

• First off- CONGRATS! I had a coordinator for the day of, but a few things that we did that  REALLY helped me was making an inventory of everything going in certain places.

I went to Lowes and got 4 large plastic bins. One was for the hotel we stayed in, one was for the room we got ready in, and one was for the hall. The other one was for my dress, but that was because it rained in Houston and afterwards, H and I went straight to the honeymoon, so my sister transported my dress to my house. Get a list of everythign that is going in each box and remember to add the marriage license in the box going to the hall!

Second, make sure you have a point person to help you take or to take all of your stuff after the wedding is over. This was crucial for me as I left the next day on our HM. My sister ended up doing most of this which made me feel bad because I wasn't better organized.

Other than that, I suggest you try to be a social as you can, but also remember that your time is limited and spend plenty of time dancing! :) I had family from all over Texas as Mexico so it was hard not to stay at any given table, but I do regret not enjoying more of the dancing and bar. H managed to dodge the camera but as the bride, for some reason, people wanted pics of me, even if it didn't include H- which was strange to me. It woudl start off as a little girl wanting a pic with me, then their whole family would come and want pics...

I know it seems to go without saying, but be sure to smile A LOT. Pictures will be taken of you and you wont even know it or be posing :)

Stay focused on the day, not the events. I caught myself (especially at dinner), just soaking it all in with a giant grin on my face. I loved that.

One small fire that we are still in the process of putting out was the cash people gave us. We got a lot of cash, but most of my family wanted to give it to us in our hands (or H's jacket)  instead of our card box, which makes it difficult knowing who gave us what.

Also- BE SURE TO RETURN THE TUX PROMPTLY! Almost every one of our GMs got charged an extra $20 per day.

I didn't forget too much, but I did have someone in the background making sure all of my details were getting taken care of. I hope you have a wonderful day and soon you will be trying to piece together the blur that it was :) Congrats! 

• Wao! Thank you so much...You pointed out a lot of thing I didnt think of. I'm already organizing everything for the hall as much as I can and I have 2 close friends taking care of the little details for the day and after evrything is over so hopefully that would work out. Thank you so much for your advice, is really appreciate it :-)
  • Just keep in mind that the main goal of the day is to marry your best friend. Enjoy being with you BM while doing pictures, go with the flow and laugh as much as possible. It will make you more at ease with everything. My BM and I were laughing and just having a great time and my photographer told me it made working my wedding so much more fun. She said she wished more of her brides were that much fun. 

There will be something that goes wrong, or not as you wanted it too. Don't stress about it, just go with it. Smile and take as many moments as you can to just soak it all in. It goes by so fast, dance with you husband as much as you can.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_any-advice-for-the-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:6d9f82c2-6de3-4269-841a-b4ddf3d561a3Post:e33126c0-c3f4-47c2-ad5f-3e05b6bd1b5b">Re: Any Advice for the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just keep in mind that the main goal of the day is to marry your best friend. Enjoy being with you BM while doing pictures, go with the flow and laugh as much as possible. It will make you more at ease with everything. My BM and I were laughing and just having a great time and my photographer told me it made working my wedding so much more fun. She said she wished more of her brides were that much fun.  There will be something that goes wrong, or not as you wanted it too. Don't stress about it, just go with it. Smile and take as many moments as you can to just soak it all in. It goes by so fast, dance with you husband as much as you can.
    Posted by jbrook12[/QUOTE]

Love this advice! Thank you!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • Your tote idea is amazing!!!! Thank you for posting this!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_any-advice-for-the-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:6d9f82c2-6de3-4269-841a-b4ddf3d561a3Post:75495192-ab37-46a6-8d04-c7599d975a56">Re: Any Advice for the of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off- CONGRATS! I had a coordinator for the day of, but a few things that we did that  REALLY helped me was making an inventory of everything going in certain places. I went to Lowes and got 4 large plastic bins. One was for the hotel we stayed in, one was for the room we got ready in, and one was for the hall. The other one was for my dress, but that was because it rained in Houston and afterwards, H and I went straight to the honeymoon, so my sister transported my dress to my house. Get a list of everythign that is going in each box and remember to add the marriage license in the box going to the hall! Second, make sure you have a point person to help you take or to take all of your stuff after the wedding is over. This was crucial for me as I left the next day on our HM. My sister ended up doing most of this which made me feel bad because I wasn't better organized. Other than that, I suggest you try to be a social as you can, but also remember that your time is limited and spend plenty of time dancing! :) I had family from all over Texas as Mexico so it was hard not to stay at any given table, but I do regret not enjoying more of the dancing and bar. H managed to dodge the camera but as the bride, for some reason, people wanted pics of me, even if it didn't include H- which was strange to me. It woudl start off as a little girl wanting a pic with me, then their whole family would come and want pics... I know it seems to go without saying, but be sure to smile A LOT. Pictures will be taken of you and you wont even know it or be posing :) Stay focused on the day, not the events. I caught myself (especially at dinner), just soaking it all in with a giant grin on my face. I loved that. One small fire that we are still in the process of putting out was the cash people gave us. We got a lot of cash, but most of my family wanted to give it to us in our hands (or H's jacket)  instead of our card box, which makes it difficult knowing who gave us what. Also- BE SURE TO RETURN THE TUX PROMPTLY! Almost every one of our GMs got charged an extra $20 per day. I didn't forget too much, but I did have someone in the background making sure all of my details were getting taken care of. I hope you have a wonderful day and soon you will be trying to piece together the blur that it was :) Congrats! 
    Posted by rebeccaa12[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards