March 2012 Weddings
Options

dear weather.com, please stop f-ing with me

I swear, every day this past week I have been checking the 10-day forecast for next Saturday.  First it was 63 and partly cloudy.  Then it was rain.  Then it was back to 65 & sunny.

This morning I woke up and checked it on my phone - 65 degrees, partly cloudy.

Right now?  65 degrees and thunderstorms.

I guess I should be glad that the chance of rain has gone from 60% to 40%.  But make up your mind already!!!!

And I know that around Wednesday will be when I'll get the most accurate forecast.

But man I really don't want it to rain on my wedding day, even if it is good luck!!!  The way the church is laid out, if it's raining hard when the limo picks me up from the hotel I'll have to change into my dress at the church, there isn't really a covered area.

It just irritates me, we've had three weeks of sunny above-normal temperatures and on the day I want to get married it's going to freaking rain.  At least it's not snow, but if it is raining that really limits places to take photos at the church.

Re: dear weather.com, please stop f-ing with me

• Options

I am so afraid that is going to happen for my March 31st wedding.  It has been so nice and then we will probably get a big freaking monsoon.  I would rather it be snow!  Anyways, hopefully the weather will stay consistent for the next few weeks, then I don't care what the rest of the year is like lol!  I won't be close enough for my ten day forecast till 4 more days!  It's driving me crazy too!

• Options
    im right with ya. if it rains next weekend im not going to be a happy camper.... hopefylly mother nature is loving march... which so far so go...
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_dear-weathercom-please-stop-f-ing-with-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:81d54146-58aa-43b4-a1f5-db323d0996b1Post:8648617a-a774-4d14-820e-d2cd1f070375">Re: dear weather.com, please stop f-ing with me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so afraid that is going to happen for my March 31st wedding.  It has been so nice and then we will probably get a big freaking monsoon.  I would rather it be snow!  Anyways, hopefully the weather will stay consistent for the next few weeks, then I don't care what the rest of the year is like lol!  I won't be close enough for my ten day forecast till 4 more days!  It's driving me crazy too!
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

I'm March 31st too, and I have a weather network app that has a 14 day forcast. Unfourtunately it says rain, 90% chance right now. But it's 14 days away, there's still hope.i do disagree about the snow though...I'd rather have rain than guests miss my wedding for snowy roads.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • Options
    Same here, its been 80 for the last four days, right now its showing 62 and sunny for our day (the 30th).

But we are honeymooning in Vegas, which changes literally eveyday between 60 and 80 degrees, with varying degrees of rain.
  • Options
    Same with me! First time I checked it was 60% chance of rain, the next morning, 0%. That night, back to 60%. But three other more local forecasts say sunny high of about 82, low of about 60, which should be about PERFECT for our 5pm ceremony. As long as it doesn't rain. Cause our rain plan is waaaaay less cool than our sunny weather plan!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My date is March 31 which in Houston could be anywhere between 50 and 90 degrees and could be a wonderfully sunny day or t-storms non-stop.  So far I can get the weather through Tuesday the 27th which shows an 80 degree high and 62 degree low with 0% chance of precipitation.

Here's the thing though: we are recovering from a horrendous drought.  We also had a drought two years ago.  The first time we were having the drought I told myself that I'm never again allowed to complain about the rain.  So far I've done a good job.  The estimated number of trees that Texas lost last year in the drought is about half a billion.  How can my wedding day possibly compare to the destruction of an ecosystem?  So, do I hope it doesn't rain on my wedding day?  Absolutely.  If it is going to rain on my wedding day, I'd really like it to wait until after pictures.  If it does rain on my wedding day while I'm walking into the building or during pictures so those all have to be inside, then at least I'll know that it's another step toward the recovery of our ecosystem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, same thing with me as well! Keeps going back and forth between cloudy to rainy. Since I am getting married in NH, at this point I suppose I should be thankful it's not going to snow, it's been such a mild winter. But today it's about 65, so it's such a tease!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    meeee too!!!
    Its been beautiful for the past 3 weeks weather say 40% rain for Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    170image Invited to the Our romantic garden wedding
    19 image Are ready to party
    2 image Are missing out
    149 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/18
  • Options
    Same with me! The weather said rain for 3/31, and then today it says sunny & clouds. I have been prayin for no rain! And I hope it does not rain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards