March 2012 Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner Question

Hi girls,

So our rehearsal dinner was just for bridal party and signifcant other not for out of town guest because would have been to expenseive.  But right now I only have 6 out of town flying in to the wedding and i want to do soemthing because i feel bad that they are not invited to the RD..do u think it would be giid to just give them $100 gift card to the hotel resturant or one close by and they can all just got to dinenr too?  or should i add soemthign extra to their bags instead?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question

• I would just add something extra in their bags instead.  Giving 100 dollar gift card to all of them limits their options on what they can use it for.  Maybe give each couple a 20 dollar gift card to somewhere that way they don't have to use it all at once or all together. 
  • I think you're being really generous, but probably over-thinking it. You can give them something extra in their gift bag, or plan to meet up with them after the rehearsal dinner and buy them a drink.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I think I would add something extra in there bags. That's really nice of you to do for them!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    ok thanks! i just feel bad bad as they all send me their airline iternaries and stuff liek they are taking multiple flight and spending a day int he airport to come.  Thanks ofr the advice-i think little extar in their bag is good
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly I would just bite the bullet and invite them to the RD. We only have 2 OOT guests and they are invited to ours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:82d60e52-2bd6-4aea-a623-ec236f539132Post:cf6bfeff-edea-43e3-9ccc-712899266995">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Honestly I would just bite the bullet and invite them to the RD</strong>. We only have 2 OOT guests and they are invited to ours.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>yea the only prob is we have a room reserved for 30 so we would be over our maximum for the room, i am going to reach out to the place and see if their larger room is booked if not then i will invte them if it is i will give them somethign extra</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jroznos4133jroznos4133 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I agree, you should try to invite them to the RD. It'll be easier in the long run, and you won't have to worry about hurting any feeilngs or leaving anyone out.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards