March 2012 Weddings

Busy day!

So, today started off with our final meeting at our venue. It was fun!!!! I can't wait until Friday (Our wedding day!) Following our meeting, I met my mom to go to Davids Bridal in CT. To make a LONG story short, they were holding a booster bra for me (corset?). I drive all the way there, its packed with prom shoppers. They have the bra for me. I am about to purchase it..... and the whole inside was DIRTY!!!!!! I said to the sales woman that it was DIRTY!!!!!! She said she had no control over what people pull from the back. I mean, it looked like someone who wore it before, sweated in it! I said "You really expect me to pay for a bra to wear on my wedding day -thats in 5 days - that is DIRTY and costs $80????? She tells me.... (Are you all sitting down?).... "You can wash it!"

WHAT?????

I was SOOOOOOOOO upset. I told her where to go, how to get there, and how to rotate on her own fingers! THE NERVE!

I went to VS in the Danbury mall, where this awesome woman helped me, and left with a miraculous bra, for $50. I tried it on with my gown. It looks..... miraculous! I love it!

Now its 11pm. I need to alter a song that I will be walking down to... then hit the hay! I am wiped out!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
90 image Are ready to party
47 image Are missing out
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image

Re: Busy day!

• I can't believe they would see you something dirty!!! That's so crazy! I'm gla you found a new one or a better price to!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_busy-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:841db755-1a3d-4653-b0fb-4fe47be3eddePost:212773c6-bf9f-4fda-b4e2-afc697d889d2">Re: Busy day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot believe she told you to wash it!  I would call and talk to a manager and then call the district manager.  That is absolutely uncalled for!  I am glad everything else is going great!
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

I agree with this..that's absolutely ridiculous....
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I totally would have gone off on her too.  That is ridiculous! 
  • To be honest, I have had less than perfect experiences every time I go to DB.  It amazes me how much they charge for some things and they have very tight policies.  But I'm so glad you were able to find a better AND cheaper bra to work :)
    Anniversary
  • I wouldn't expect anything less at DB...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_busy-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:841db755-1a3d-4653-b0fb-4fe47be3eddePost:3f956f7a-4604-476d-b35a-6d3f3752e8fa">Re: Busy day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't expect anything less at DB...
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously. They have a monopoly so they don't care. </div><div>
    </div><div>But congrats on getting something even better for cheaper!! </div>
  • I know. I was so angry . I couldn't believe it either. I am so happy I got a BETTER and less expensive bra at VS!!!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards