March 2012 Weddings

Photobooth guest books

Hey ladies!

I know a few of us are having photobooths at our wedding. What are you using to put the strips in? I have this vision that our guest will take their photos, keep a strip and then place one in the guest book with their little memo to us. What type of book are you all using?  Im looking for a book that will have about 100 sheets, and large enough for our guest to put in a 4x6 card (madlibs) and their photos. Im having a hard time deciding.

If you are not doing a book... what are you doing?

And girls who are not having one and read this.... if youre bored, find me a book! Our colors are green and yellow. hahahah.
Photobucket

Anniversary
213image enjoyed some southern charm
163imagedrank out of mason jars
50image stayed up the north

Re: Photobooth guest books

• your photobooth company doesnt provide this?  hmm our is giving us one-with either 250 or 300 pages (i dont remember) but i havent seen it. they might have a suggestion if they dotn provide it

i guess soemthing with thick pages so you can use a light tip marker and it wont bleed

if i see anything i will let you know! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing a well wish table, rather than a normal guest book. We have two large fishbowl vases. One will be labeled take a kiss, filled with pink kisses. The other will be labeled make a wish, where guests will drop their little note cards (I just ordered these tonight from cards and pockets, yay!). There will be a photobooth attendant. She'll be the one to cut the strips in half and place the second half in the well wish jar. I'm going to make my own scrapbook of the cards and photos after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have a photobooth :( I really wanted one but there is just not enough space in my reception suite for it...they are almost moving us because we have too many people!

Anyways, we are going to buy a vintage black and white poster of Vegas (DW there) and I am going to get some thin silver sharpies and have the guests sign all over the poster. Then we are going to frame it when we get home (possibly a red frame so I can get all my colors in there - red, black, and white?). We have some cool art pieces and I think it will look awesome on our wall.

At first I thought about doing postcards of Vegas and having them sign those and putting them together in a book. But I am so scared of never taking it out or looking at it!  I don't want my guestbook to sit in a closet and be forgotten about except for anniversarys

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • I am surprised that your photobooth company is not providing you with one.  Our photobooth company is providing ours, so I have no clue what kind of book it is going to be.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_photobooth-guest-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:8b0489f0-fae7-416b-adb0-2daa7917f56cPost:4582ca4b-28bc-413d-82dd-0c3b3a9cc256">Re: Photobooth guest books</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a photobooth :( I really wanted one but there is just not enough space in my reception suite for it...they are almost moving us because we have too many people! Anyways, we are going to buy a vintage black and white poster of Vegas (DW there) and I am going to get some thin silver sharpies and have the guests sign all over the poster. Then we are going to frame it when we get home (possibly a red frame so I can get all my colors in there - red, black, and white?). We have some cool art pieces and I think it will look awesome on our wall. At first I thought about doing postcards of Vegas and having them sign those and putting them together in a book. But I am so scared of never taking it out or looking at it!  I don't want my guestbook to sit in a closet and be forgotten about except for anniversarys
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

I LOVE your poster idea Lisa! It's so creative!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All the photo booth provided guest books I've seen (my company and others) just look like the cheap scrap books you get at michaels. I wanted something that matches our colors, and something I would want to display on my coffee table!

Ive been found one on etsy, which I think I'll end up ordering.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/63547890/wedding-guest-book-yellow-dandelion <click
    or
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/86707353/custom-wedding-photo-album-or-guest-book?ref=pr_faveitems <click
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the second one! I'm kind of torn on what we're going to do. They'll bring a scrapbook and get people to sign it and put the photos in if we pay a little extra. If we bring our own, we just have to set it out and hope people actually pay attention to what they're suppoesd to do. I'm kind of annoyed about that, actually, but we got a great deal ($400) so I guess I can't complain too much.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you posted this because I'm trying to figure this out too!  We are having a photobooth at our reception and we wanted to bring our own guestbook because I didn't really like the ones that the photobooth company provided.  Plus they charged $50 extra to provide a guestbook and I felt like I could get one myself for cheaper.  I really want to use one of our engagement shots as the cover and then have empty pages inside so that guests can tape their photostrip and write a message in the book.  I'm still trying to figure out how I can make a book like this!  I've heard that you can make a book at Staples for really cheap, you would just need to provide the paper and the cover and they will bind the book for you.  I also need to look into sites that make photobooks.  I've seen deals in the past for $10 photobooks so I'm on the lookout for deals like that on groupon and living social. 
  • edited April 2012
    our company provides engraved wedding guest books in the form of personalized signature mats & frames, engraved wedding trays and engraved signature platters. Your wedding guests can sign the engravable photo mat, tray or platter with our special engraving pen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards