March 2012 Weddings

Show me your...(cause I'm having 2nd thoughts)

I know we are all hating the whole second thoughts thing right now...but my wedding coordinator just emailed me and asked me to send her a pic of the cake! Oh jeez now I am second guessing if what I have picked out is really what I want...

Sooooo show me your cake inspirations!

This is the one I am contemplating now...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
53 image Are all in!
68 image Are celebrating from afar
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1

Re: Show me your...(cause I'm having 2nd thoughts)

• That sort of swirl design was what I had picked out in my mind before I got married and for the first part of my planning!! lol

Here is what I want:

Ones I liked but they didn't make the cut:

• I am doing cake balls...but I am also wanting it to look cake-ish. My colors will all be different but I thought I would give you my inspiration. We may replace the top tier with a small cake to cut into!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is a phone pic from a sample cake my baker had in her shop. It's very similar to what we're doing. The top and 3rd layer are covered in a sparkly sugar.  Literally, it glimmers in the light, so gorg! The 2nd and 4th layers have that criss cross design (I forget the name at the moment). In the middle of each intersection there will be a sparkly jewel. Finally, instead of crystal bands, it will be a pink ribbon to tie in our colors. We then have our monogram M crystal cake topper as well. :)

The pink ribbon will take place of the purple like in this photo.

Others we liked, but decided against. We would have course done pink rather than the colors in each of these, but in case any of you need inspiration, here ya go! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_show-yourcause-im-having-2nd-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:a2d9e598-504c-4825-9b11-f019e4917655Post:36b6c087-2618-494f-9557-76b5c7e608a6">Show me your...(cause I'm having 2nd thoughts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know we are all hating the whole second thoughts thing right now...but my wedding coordinator just emailed me and asked me to send her a pic of the cake! Oh jeez now I am second guessing if what I have picked out is really what I want... Sooooo show me your cake inspirations! This is the one I am contemplating now...
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

I really like this one.  I have yet to finalize any cake. I'm thinking of going simple three or four tier with a dusting of edible crystals and a cluster of tulips on each tier.  I dont' know lol.  There is no pic because it's inside my head lol
  • Here is mine. But it is going to be Pink and black. 
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is my cake ....

But there will be less of a gap between the top and middle layer and there will be a gap between the bottom and middle with red roses something like this....

• Here is a link to my inspiration cake: http://pinterest.com/pin/229824387203852636/

Ours however, will be square bottom tier, round middle tier, and square top tier. It will be buttercream frosting (we HATE fondant) and will have the same script written on it as my inspiration cake does.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• The ribbons will be purple on ours.  This is not a great picture, sorry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_show-yourcause-im-having-2nd-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:a2d9e598-504c-4825-9b11-f019e4917655Post:e5ed0303-459f-4c57-b052-df33ed788986">Re: Show me your...(cause I'm having 2nd thoughts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Show me your...(cause I'm having 2nd thoughts) : I really like this one.  I have yet to finalize any cake. I'm thinking of going simple three or four tier with a dusting of <strong>edible crystals and a cluster</strong> of tulips on each tier.  I dont' know lol.  There is no pic because it's inside my head lol
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

First of all, love your idea because tulips are my absolute most favorite flower. Second, this is the same thing we're doing on two of our tiers - it's a sparkly crystal looking powder, but all it is is sugar and totally edible. :) I posted a pic of it in my first post, although it's really hard to tell due to the crappy cell phone pic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• We're taking out the blue layers so it's just the white layers with blue design, then some bright pink peonies as the topper. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards