March 2012 Weddings
Options

what are you doing.

Im not sure If we have talked about this. But I would like to know what are you walking down the aisle too?  Is it a song someone is singing or is it just music?  Are your BM walking to the same song?

I will be asking a lot of questions this week so get ready lol..
image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what are you doing.

• Options
    I'm walking down to the bridal march played by violins (it;s a track though)
    Bm walking down to Air on G String by Bach
    Mothers/Grandmothers down to A walk in in the forest (Its by Classical New Age... I absolutely love it and typically don't listen to new age.)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Not sure yet on the wedding party or any other music beforehand BUT I'm walking down to Bryan Adams "Everything I do" played on the piano.  FI said how awesome he thought that would be & it's my surprise for him :)
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I'm walking down to a recording of Adagio Cantabile from Beethoven's Sonata No. 8, My bridesmaids are walking down to "The Light" By Sara Barielles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    120image Invited to our wedding!
    72 image Are ready to party
    1 image Are missing out
    47 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/10
  • Options
    I am walking down to U2: All I want is you

BM walking down to End Credits of Start Trek: First Contact (his pick).

both played on piano.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

165image Invited to celebrate
    98image Ready to Rock!
    67image Party Poopers
    RSVP Date: 2/25/12
  • Options
    I'm walking into a bagpiper! He will play Trumpet Voluntary for by Clarke for my entrance as well as Ode to Joy for the wedding party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I am going to walk in to "Lucky" by Jazon Mraz and Colbie Callait but I can't decide if I should have the words or just instrumental. Thoughts!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm walking in to somewhere over the rainbow and BMs are walking in to Canon in D
  • Options
    I'm walking in to a instrumental version of The book of Love *Link*

and bridesmaids are comin in to an acoustic version of Marry Me by Train also being sung by my cousin.
  • Options
    I haven't settled on anything yet but I think it will be a song with words. Right now I'm leaning towards Book of Love by Peter Gabriel because FI loves it. If I do that I'll try to sneak it past him so he doesn't know until the day.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The moms are walking in to Sunrise, Sunset, the BM's are walking in to Canon in D, and I will be walking down the aisle to Arioso...all played on the piano, FSIL is playing the piano for the wedding, she plays beautifully :)

March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Moms are walking in to Sunrise, Sunset, BM's are walking in to Canon in D, and I'm walking in to Arioso, all played on the piano, FSIL is playing for the wedding :)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i have no idea what the bridal party is walking down to. Ugh. Im still trying to work that out. Oh well, nothing but time right? hahaha

I however am walking down to the first 2 minutes of Red is the Rose..<click. Lyrics below. oh i love it.

Come over the hills my bonny Irish lass
    Come over the hills to your darling
    You choose the road love and I'll make a vow
    That I'll be your true love forever

Chorus:
    Red is the rose that in yonder garden grows
    Fair is the lily of the valley
    Clear is the water that flows from the Boyne
    But my love is fairer than any

It's down in Killarney's green woods that we strayed
    When the moon and the stars, they were shining
    For the moon shone its rays on her locks of golden hair
    And she said she'd be my love forever
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • Options
    Im walking in to Bruno Mars, Just the way you are. IDK what the others are walking in to. I did listen to A Walk in the Forest. I think its beautiful, and a great way to start the ceremony!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Options
    My wedding party will walk down to the live recording of Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am. I am torn between two songs for what I am going to walk down to. Either Ben Harper's Forever or Ingrid Michaelson's cover of Can't Help Falling in Love. All of the songs would be the lyric versions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding party will only consist of one couple (MOH and BM), flower girl, and then me...

So we are all walking in to the same song. It's the instrumental version of Hallelejuah by Rufus Wainwright...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    I'm walking in to the Bridal March, BM & MOH are walking in to He an old religious piece my mom taught me to play, and the parents & grandparents are walking in to How Great Thou Art because it was my Dad's favorite hymn. All will be played on the piano.
  • Options

So far it's as follows
    Processional: vitamin string quartet's version of patience
    Recessional: Vitamin string quartets version of hallelujah

Bridesmaids and I are walking in with the same song. 
    I haven't figured out any of the other songs.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:b65914fe-3ce6-4eb3-9757-dca409763388Post:b1777ba6-4341-4c5c-a9c1-6296306d4845">Re: what are you doing.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding party will only consist of one couple (MOH and BM), flower girl, and then me... So we are all walking in to the same song. It's the instrumental version of <strong>Hallelejuah by Rufus Wainwright...</strong>
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I haven't gotten any music figured out, but I LOVE this song. :) </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    All I know so far is that I'm walking in to Pachelbel's Canon in D, and we're recessing to Ode to Joy.

We hired a string trio and I just have no idea what else to pick.  I think we're going to do a hymn during the ceremony, and that will be Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.  

My problem is there are a ton of songs that I love but I don't know what they're called.  My dad would have been the one to go to on that, he LOVED classical music and knew all the composers and which songs were which.  I'm thinking of e-mailing my uncle and asking for his help (he's my dad's twin and they were similar in a LOT of ways, including love of classical music).

Edit: I forgot, I picked Sleeping Beauty Waltz for the flower girl.  I've always loved the song and I know the flower girl likes it.  :)  Might have the BMs process to the same.
  • Options
    I can't remember what my BM will be walking into, its all on a CD and it is at my parents house. But I will be walking into Cannon in D. I was going to pick something else but FI heard this one and really wanted me to use it, plus I really like it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We chose very eclectic music I guess. We are using a CD with original versions of songs. Bridal party is walking in to "God Rests In Reason" by Jason Mraz (the most beautiful lyrics) and I'm walking in to "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" by Smashing Pumpkins. We're walking back up the aisle to "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. Can you tell this isn't going to be very traditional? :)
  • Options
    The bridal party is walking down the aisle to an edited version of "Awake My Soul" by Mumford and Sons. I'll be walking down to an instrumental bagpipe/organ piece called "Intro" by Enter the Haggis. Also not your traditional bride and groom. ;-)
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards