March 2012 Weddings

A vent about FI's bachelor party (not what you think)

As you ladies know I had my bachelorette party on Saturday and had a blast.  On the same night FI had his bachelor party. I'm pretty upset about it because his GM suck.  FI planned his own party because he couldn't get a hold of his best man.  So he set up a facebook invite and invited people.  Well to make a long story short all of the groomsmen RSVP yes and guess what only 1 showed!  The best man was MIA and didn't even call.  The other one made up some lame last minute excuse.  Overall only 4 of his friends showed up along with my sister's bf, and my 2 male friends.  My sister's bf wound up paying for it because he felt bad for FI.  I'm very grateful that someone stepped up and that he had a good time but I'm pissed at the GM.  He says it's no big deal but I can tell he's hurt.  What should I do.  Should I tell them they screwed up or should I hold my breath and just let the wedding pass and then tell them off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: A vent about FI's bachelor party (not what you think)

• Awww I feel bad for your FI!  If it were me, I would probably tell them all off.  However, I know that may not be the best thing to do, so you may just want to wait till after the wedding.  I do think at some point they should know that they really let your FI down but it may be better to wait till after the wedding.  Who knows, maybe they are planning a surprise bachelor party for him?  Maybe that could be your in by asking them if they are because FI was bummed about not really having one.

• I'm so sorry to hear I'm not the only one dealing with this. Except I ended up paying for FI's b party and his BM is supposed to 'pay me back'.. right.

I think I would just hold off on telling him how you feel until after the wedding, if ever. We get really defensive and want to stick up for our FI's (at least I do), but it is your FI's friend, and ultimately he needs to be the one to talk to him and se things straight. Not you.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You are not alone here we're having similar drama. I'm so mad!

I agree give them a piece of your mind AFTER the wedding. Jerks.
    image 110 Invited
    image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
    RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
    Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I totally get how you feel!! My FIs party is supposed to be this weekend and his BM sucks!! He can't do anything without help from someone, can't do anything alone and just hasn't put anything together. Just that they will do something Saturday. My brother (who is a GM wants to go but need to know details as he and his wife have 2 small children) Anyway I am just irked that he can't pull his head out of his butt long enough to do this for my FI.

Ok sorry for the rant. I think you should wait until after the wedding. I would just let them know how disappointed you are in them that they weren't there for your FI and that it hurt his feelings. I think its crap they couldn't just put together one night for him.
    imageAnniversary
  • awww. poor guy... i kinda feel his pain. i kinda had to plan my own bachelorette party last weekend. made my own facebook group for it. my MOH and one of my BM were suppose to plan it and let people know what was going on, and no one knew about it untill i sent out the invite on facebook. (which ended up being the weekend before the party)
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear ya.  My FI's party are the same...they waited til the last minute to plan everything and it is this coming Saturday.  I hope people show up! I think all guys are such procrastinators!
     Sorry your FI had to do that but hopefully he had a good time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards