March 2012 Weddings

Stupid jewelry company

So my jeweler was just informed that the company FI's ring is coming from just told him that their Tungston supplier will not be able to supply them with Tungson till the end of the month.  Really? the ring was supposed to be ready today!  It just happened that the ring FI liked was out of stock in his size(12).  Thankfully they have the 12.5 in stock so we are ordering that and it is being sent over night and we will send it back after the wedding and will wait for the right size. 

Re: Stupid jewelry company

• That is so annoying! I'm sorry you have to deal with the dumb jewlery company.
    We had issues with our company and my wedding bands. Luckly they came in, now we are just waiting for them to be soldered.. Suppose to be done tonight.. But I'll believe it when I have the rings in my hand!
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • That is annoying.  I am hoping we don't have any problems with our rings being resized.  They said it will take two weeks so we should get them back next week. I am hoping and praying nothing goes wrong.  Our wedding is the 31st and I hate cutting it close.  I'm already not getting my dress back till the 21st.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_stupid-jewelry-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:bce9adfd-429f-4b4d-8c10-68365e119275Post:0263afe6-9a96-4631-905f-d95633f661ff">Re: Stupid jewelry company</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is annoying.  I am hoping we don't have any problems with our rings being resized.  They said it will take two weeks so we should get them back next week. I am hoping and praying nothing goes wrong.  <strong>Our wedding is the 31st and I hate cutting it close.  I'm already not getting my dress back till the 21st.
    </strong>Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

I don't even have my final fitting until tomorrow - one week before the wedding. And I don't know if it will be steamed and cleaned tomorrow or if I'll have to go pick up later in the week. I'm having a minor breakdown over this.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • My final fitting/pickup is tomorrow too. 

Also I purchased silk flowers and they had to order half of the ones i needed. They were supposed to be last Friday - well I still haven;t heard from them. I called the past 2 days and the lady I ordered them from wasn't there and they couldn't find them. I finally spoke to her today - she is unloading the newest shipment and will call me at the end of the night to let me know if they are there.  Really? I would have just gone to another location but you told me ordering them would be faster!!

Oh and my bakery just gave me a heart attack.  backstory -  This is what I want my cake to look like

So when I first ordered my cake I told them I would have them put fresh flowers on the cake - nothing was said. I go back a month or so ago and am talking to them about my flavor selections and about the flowers - oh we won't put fresh flowers on only fake because of health code reasons - totally understand I don't want pesticides on my cake. So I decided to go with silk flowers.  I just called to see when I should drop off the silk flowers - "oh we won't put fresh or fake flowers on," you have got to be kidding me. I asked to speak with the manager (who happened to be the same one I dealt with last time).  At first he said they won't put anything on - which is BS because they put stuff on my friend's cake, and that he would have to call his boss. But at the end of our conversation he said he would put them on - he doesn't want to cause me any more stress and that he would be there when I dropped everything off next week.  Good because you almost died!
  • Oh girl. I hope things turn around for u! I don't see why they couldn't put fake flowers on there. And hopefully your FI ring will work out to. Is there an option for you putting the flowers on yourself when they drop it off??
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I could always put them on myself  - but I don't want to be putting flowers on the cake an hour before the ceremony in my dress. 
  • Won't your banquet hall or caterer put the flowers on the cake for you? I don't think my bakery does that either, but I know my florist said that she would do it for us if we wanted fresh flowers on them.
    And there are certain flowers of the "edible" or food safe sort that they use to place on wedding cakes. Sounds like your baker is a pain in the....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards