Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Envelope printing help!

So I am having a small breakdown because my printer isn't cooperating with the envelopes for our invitations.  I was able to print out the invitations and response cards just fine.  But I started printing out the return envelopes (yes I know this technically makes my wedding invalid but at least I was using a pretty font) and it worked for the first 10 or so and then since that time either wont pick up the paper, will jam the paper or will leave ink marks on the paper.  I am now over at my friends house and having issues with it too.  I don't know what else to do and its not like these are thick envelopes so I don't know why its happening.  Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Envelope printing help!

• Options
    yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Instead of printing the actual envelopes, can you do address labels?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm not any help.  :(

But sending vibes that things get figured out quickly and they start to print! 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did labels too, no advice here! Envelopes are tricky!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the envelops for the actual invitations, but I had the same problem with them getting stuck so badly, that I just did clear labels for the RSVP's.  It's quick and easy and will save you a lot of stress-trust me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- labels are perfect.  Plus they are the rsvp, so people won't be keeping them so it won't really matter all that much if they dont look 100% perfect. But I think labels will be nice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I printed directly onto my envelopes. It was a huge PITA, but I loved how it turned out. It took me a lot of trial and error to get it to print correctly, especially with my RSVP envelopes which were way below the recommended size of paper for my printer. I had to put about 15 envelopes in the tray at a time. I printed one at a time. After about 5 envelopes, I put 5 more in the tray so there were always around 15. The pressure of so many in the little paper slot helped to keep them straight. When I would just put one envelope in, the printer would grab it and throw it around, and it would come out bent.

If that doesn't work, take a piece of printer paper sized cardstock (or something harder/stiffer than regular printer paper). Lightly tape the envelope to that. It will feed through like a normal piece of paper. Then gently remove the tape from the envelope. You'll want to use tape that can be easily removed, like painters tape.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help, I used a calligrapher for outer envelopes and my rsvp envelopes were thermographically printed - GOOD LUCK vibes though!!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the post and run (had to head to work)!  Thanks for all the advice and vibes - you ladies are amazing!! I had FI run out to the store tonight to grab the clear address labels so we're going to try that!  I'll let ya know how it goes Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards