March 2012 Weddings

When did you get engaged?

We're all so close to the end of our planning, but when did it start?
When did you get engaged?  Share a picture if you have one!

Re: When did you get engaged?

• We got engaged on December 11, 2010... a bystander took this picture just minutes later

• CarykayCarykay member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012

We got engaged last Valentines day.. :)  

image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got engaged June 30th of 2011
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    June 25, 2010
  • elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    August 7, 2011 This picture wasn't taken right after but it's one of our first after. Smile

March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    We picked out the ring March 7, 2010. He proposed May 18, 2010- The Yankee Stadium scoreboard did the asking.

Our jumbotron photo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Jan 30, 2011! I tried to post a pic, but TK wouldn't let me.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June 20, 2011.. Picked out the ring MONTHS beforehand but FI took forever to pick a time to propose :)
    Anniversary
  • No picture - but July 4th 2011. :) It was our 3rd anniversary, 1st one where we were actually able to spend it together. I didn't see it coming at all :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • December 24, 2010. 

I had one of him on his knee proposing, thanks to my dad being clued in, but I cannot find it :(
    Anniversary
    Vacation
  • edited February 2012

June 12 2011. Thats a photo of us the a couple of hours later (we were camping)
  • February 11, 2010!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Awww, I love this thread. I seriously had a mental breakdown tonight - bawling, the whole nine yards. So, it's nice to think back to those special moments and remember the love and happiness of that day. I've become such a hot mess in these final weeks and I'm just SO ready to say yes and to become his wife. So, yeah, thanks. I needed this.. :)

This was taken just after his proposal on May 7, 2011. (I'm still secretly upset that I wasn't blonde when we got engaged).

Our celebratory dinner! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • March 19, 2008

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • July 25, 2011 and had actually started planning before that since we we're going to elope in September...then changed our minds to a full wedding in March...should have eloped... 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • FI asked me if I wanted to maybe get married someday in early February 2011.  It technically wasn't an official engagement but it's the closest we ever got!  We started planning late September/early October but I had picked out February 29th, 2012 as our wedding day when we first starting talking wedding talk.  I'm still a little bummed that won't be our wedding day.

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• May 24, 2011

I don't have a picture, he proposed to me at home that night when it was just the 2 of us. Nothing big and over done but it was perfect for us.
    imageAnniversary
  • July 20th 2011.
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • I thought we were NEVER getting married...my FI always knew how adverse I was to marriage (8 divorces total in my family!

But I guess he wanted to make an honest woman out of me and he secretly went and picked out a ring and proposed to me on our 10 year anniversary on December 28, 2010...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • November 20, 2010!
  • OHHH i love this thread!!!  Great Idea!

12/24/2010.  All I wanted for Christmas was UGG boots.  Well I opened my present and I was sooo happy to see that I got my boots.  But I asked what size they were and they were a size too big :(  ... FI insisted that I try them on.  And I didn't want to because I knew they were too big... Well I finally gave in and opened the box and pulled out the boot, I tried to stick my foot in but couldn't so I put my hand inside the boot to pull out whatever was causing my foot not to go in and there was the ring box, all wrapped very pretty.  I went to put the ring box to the side - since FI was so insistent  that I try the boot on.  Then he says aren't you going to open the box!?  He still gives me a hard time about it to this day!  :)  Completely random and unexpected proposal :)

OH and don't judge about the UGG boots.  I live in MN and it's cold here :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Feb 25, 2011.  I have pics of that night but nothing on me right now..

It was a nice quiet proposal at home on a Friday night. Friends came over to celebrate later on that night :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_did-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:de6e9f97-6358-4c85-8112-47613692df64Post:ba038f5a-49f9-404c-8939-ba67a47ba2d0">Re: When did you get engaged?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got engaged June 30th of 2011
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

We got engaged the next day: July 1, 2011.

I knew it was coming but he still managed to surprise me. He surprised me again six hours later with an engagement party with 40 of our family and friends.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Nov. 24, 2010
  • We got engaged on December 9th 2010.

There were no pictures. It was a quiet night at home for us! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • Aww I love reading everyone's stories :) I got engaged November 26, 2010. I knew I wanted a March wedding, and March 2011 was way too close to the time we got engaged. Here's a pic of that night after the proposal and at our dinner at Sambuca in Downtown with live music <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards