March 2012 Weddings

E-rings

Is anyone not wearing there's while on your honeymoon? I never really thought about it but one of my coworkers asked me if I was going to leave mine home and just wear my wedding band. She said when traveling to another country people know we are honeymooners and it makes us a target and it's safer to leave the ring at home. She left hers home and only wore her wedding band.

Is my coworker just paranoid and now making me paranoid or is it a good idea to not wear it?

Re: E-rings

• My mom usually leaves her ring at home when traveling out of the country. But hers is gigantic.

I'm wearing mine and will just leave it in the safe when we're out in the ocean or something where I might lose it.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • I hadn't really thought about it..but, I plan to be wearing mine :)

March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going to wear mine. I don't take it off much and would feel lost without it. The only time I take if off for an activity is when we go rafting, other than that I have it on.
    imageAnniversary
  • I plan on wearing mine.  I've worn it for everything else... as long as its on your finger, I don't see the problem... and how will being honeymooners make you more of a target than any other traveler?

• I'll wear mine, but mine isn't very traditional looking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_e-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:e082df29-8fce-42f2-9598-13a4b902de2bPost:0e6bb0e2-81fe-4ee1-bcbb-68a522f0105d">Re: E-rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan on wearing mine.  I've worn it for everything else... as long as its on your finger, I don't see the problem... <strong>and how will being honeymooners make you more of a target than any other traveler?
    </strong>Posted by harmony0417[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. I'm thinking my coworker is just paranoid?? Lol. I never take mine off and would feel lost without it so I'm going to wear mine.
  • We aren't going out of the country but I plan on wearing my e ring with my wedding band.  I would say as long as it's not super flashy and worth 10's of thousands of dollars you should be fine.  Our room has a safe so if there's any reason to take it off, I will just put it in the safe but I don't think we will be doing anything that will require me to take it off.

• I am leaving my e-ring and wedding band at home. I bought this fake one to wear on the honeymoon.
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think im going to be wearing mine. i would feel so lost with out it on. but im going to talk to my FI first and see what he thinks because we are going out of the country so i would rather be safe then sorry
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_e-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:e082df29-8fce-42f2-9598-13a4b902de2bPost:f7b2a710-76d5-49dd-a91d-596fcfd756af">Re: E-rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am leaving my e-ring and wedding band at home. I bought this fake one to wear on the honeymoon.
    Posted by Carykay[/QUOTE]

Ditto
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards