Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Recs for FLORIST. LIMO AND WEDDING CAKE BAKERIES?

Hello,
Anyone have any recommendations for the following:

Florist, limo service, and wedding cake bakeries?

I have yet to get these three things and really would like to get them checked off!

Re: Recs for FLORIST. LIMO AND WEDDING CAKE BAKERIES?

• At this point in  my planning, I can only recommend my florist.  Ms. Val Brooks!  She is so nice and she has sooo many different ideas.  I totally love that woman!
  • Have you checked out the vendors on the recommended list? https://sites.google.com/site/pghknotties/vendors

Personally, I'm using TDF Limos for day of transportation. They are AWESOME. We've used them on several occasions for birthdays/anniversaries, and we've booked the 30 passenger limo bus for the wedding party. 

Good luck! 

• We are using Tortoice Limo! I have used them for all my high school dances and were wonderful! What I love is I got a quote from TDF that was lower then them and they took that price! TDF I was not pleased with cause they took forever to respond to me and never answered their phones/e-mails.

Florist I am using is the White Oak FLorist! Not sure where your wedding is but have shown me what I want and even added things they believe would be great to fit my theme. Priced really well too!

As for cake, my dads co-workers wife from Ohio works at a bakery just over the line. They will be attending too and will be bringing our cake with them! They taste yummy and the price can not be beat! 400 for a 4 tiered buttercream cake plus a sheet cake and set up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For a florist I am using Flowers in the Attic, which is on the reccomended vendors list. Ken is fantastic and really gets my vision and works within the budget. For the cake ,we're using Grandma's Country Oven Bake Shoppe in Harrison City. They are based on a famer's market and they use fresh fruits and stuff if that's what you want in your cake. They are VERY reasonably priced... we got a cake/sheet cake to feed 150 people for under 400 dollars. Love, love, love them. 
  • Jennyd321 - I was also thinking of using Flowers in the Attic for my centerpieces and bouquets. I have yet to actually call florists b/c I am really intimidated by the prices and what it will cost in total. When you say that they were "within your budget" would you mind telling me what the estimated cost for flowers is for your wedding? Also about how many people you are having at the wedding and in the wedding party. If I am more prepared with an estimated cost, I think I will feel less intimidated by the process ha! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • you have private mail :)
  • KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    hmmm... it hasnt shown in my inbox yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i totally sent it to the wrong person. :) it's there now.
  • fabulous florist I booked was bethel park flowers for wedding and reception....for cake I plan to use Potomac bakery
  • I highly recommend Sugar Cafe in Dormont for cake.  Kelly, the owner, is amazing pastry chef - very creative and offered a wide variety of flavors and options.  I had considered Bethel Bakery and Potomac Bakery as well, but though she was the best.... not to mention tasty!
  • I would also recommend Cassandra's Florals in Dormont.  Cassie, the owner, is a small shop for day to day flowers, mostly b/c her primary focus is weddings.  She is very creative and does beautiful arrangements.  I found her more enjoyable to work with than a lot of "fuddy duddy" florists who just showed me what was in an FTD catalog.  Her prices are VERY reasonable to boot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards