Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

XP: Book Suggestions!!!

Well, I have a few long flights (and lazy beach days) ahead of me and I was wondering - Does anyone have any suggestions for good books to download on my Kindle (or nook) for the HM??

Due to grad school, I've sort of been out of the loop with the good books out there.... and desperately need suggestions! :)

Re: XP: Book Suggestions!!!

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I just did this for my trip!

I just bought "The Help" for the flight to China..I've heard great things about it.  I also bought "A visit from the goon squad", which I know nothing about but it won the pulitzer prize.
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help because my reading has majorly slacked lately but the one book i'm looking forward to reading come honeymoon time is Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.

Ones i've read and enjoyed (but you may have read too since its been awhile since i read them) are Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay (i think this is being made into a movie) and Firefly Lane by Kristin Hanna

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love giving and getting reading suggestions! Here are some great books I've read lately:

"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
    "One Day" by David Nicholls
    "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot (a Pittsburgh native! This one is nonfiction. It's absolutely fascinating. It's heartwarming/heartbreaking.)
    "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave
    "Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford
    "The Unnamed" by Joshua Ferris
    "This Is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from a trip and read the 3 books of the Hunger Games series. HIGHLY recommend them!! (plus they're making a movie out of them so you'll be ahead of the game)Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked "The Help" and "A Big Little Life" by Dean Koontz.  I've also been reading some of the free books on iBooks. 
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great!! Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!! :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards