March 2012 Weddings
Options

ok ladies...

After much debating with myself, I have to decided to print the addresses on my invitiations using a "handwritten" font right on the envelope. I know it's not the right thing to do etiquette wise, but it's the pratical thing for me since I need to get them out on Tuesday. I've been at work everyday since Christmas and tomorrow is my only day off. I'm even at work right now until 5:30 and then it's New Year's parties tonight and tomm. And...My writing is horrible.

My question is - have any of you ever gotten a wedding invitation that was printed and just felt they did it wrong since it should have been handwritten? Have you ever even noticed how it was written or typed? I personally can't remember getting one that I even noticed. Thoughts?

Another thing to add is that it's a destination wedding and invitiations are pretty much only going to family (plus extended) and some close friends.

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary

Re: ok ladies...

• Options
    I honestly can't remember how any invites I've gotten were addressed. I can't imagine that I would care one way or another if it was typed, though I'm not a stickler for etiquette. I think that if anyone notices they will probablyforget very quickly.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty.  I have horrific hand writing & so does FI. For this reason (& the fact that I'm lucky to have 1 day a week off)  I am also printing labels.  We have recieved several invites like that & I haven't thought anything of it.  I would not stress over this small detail....if anyone makes a comment then just tell them you've been working a lot...anyone who matters will understand.
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Girl I printed mine on the envelope too. I do NOT have time to hand write all of them. I Know its not proper etiquette, But I think it looks better. If I wrote it then they would look HORRIBLE!! No one will care that its written or printed.. They will be more focused on the invitation itself. 

Ive gotten invitations that were hand written, some with labels, and some that were printed on.  Weddings are changing so much I personally don't think it really matters.  If someone gets an invitation and all they are worried about is that it was printed on there instead of hand written then they probably aren't even worried about the wedding itself.  Seeing that Its family it should be fine.

I know others have different opinions but I just feel like who is really going to remember how it was printed or written on the invitation..

I say DONT worry about it girl, It will be fine!
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are being printed so we can be "un-etiquette"'-ed together haha...I have no time to sit and write all that!! I am stuffing envelopes at work as I type!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_ok-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:f88d388f-a9c5-4620-9ba2-0043f959597dPost:53851c6f-7cbe-485e-80e0-214c39b52d8c">Re: ok ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Girl I printed mine on the envelope too. I do NOT have time to hand write all of them. I Know its not proper etiquette, But I think it looks better. If I wrote it then they would look HORRIBLE!! </strong>No one will care that its written or printed.. They will be more focused on the invitation itself.  Ive gotten invitations that were hand written, some with labels, and some that were printed on.  Weddings are changing so much I personally don't think it really matters.  If someone gets an invitation and all they are worried about is that it was printed on there instead of hand written then they probably aren't even worried about the wedding itself.  Seeing that Its family it should be fine. I know others have different opinions but I just feel like who is really going to remember how it was printed or written on the invitation.. I say DONT worry about it girl, It will be fine!
    Posted by Carykay[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>THIS!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm printing the addresses directly on the envelopes in the same font as my return address labels and invitations. In the old days when 19 year old future housewives had nothing better to do than perfect their handwriting, and then address 100 invitations, that was fine... these days we are too busy taking over the world :)

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! You all make me feel so much better about it! The plan it to print it directly on the envelope and if they get stuck or something, I will just do labels. It's a different font than the return addresses because I had a stamp made on etsy, but I will make them the same style. :)

I just wish I could leave work already and get this stuff done!!
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine. I have never judged brides as much as they seemed to be judged by those in etiquette land (not saying I disregard it, just saying some of it is ridiculous)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options
    I do not remember what type of font or printing was on any wedding invite I've received.  I am printing the addresses on clear labels and sticking them on.  I have horrible writing and would be doing a disservice if I wrote out each invite.  So don't feel bad at all.
  • Options
    I printed my addresses on clear labels in a decorative font. I could can less about if it was the proper thing to do or not. My cousin did the same this on really huge labels last year. I teach fulltime, am a single mother of an 8 year old with ADHD and my FI is in grad school fulltime in addition to substitute teaching & coaching. Time is not on our side. It's done and I'm happy with how they look. Do what makes YOU happy!
  • Options
    Don't feel bad at all! We printed our on clear labels and stuck them on the invitations. I don't think people really pay that much attention to them, well at least I don't.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We used labels.  I know it's not "proper" but seriously no one cares.  Most people don't even notice.  I've been to 5 weddings in 2 years and not 1 was handwritten or in calligraphy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I do notice when it's typed or labels are used, but only since I started planning my own wedding. I didn't know of the etiquette before.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • Options
    We are printing the addresses directly on the envelopes too... I don't think anyone will notice or care!  And they certainly will look better than if I tried to write them myself!
  • Options
    I think printing on the envelopes is perfectly fine. There are some etiquette rules that are totally outdated and I do believe this is one of them. Regardless of "etiquette," I personally don't prefer labels on invitations, but I wouldn't judge someone for using them.

We ordered our invitations from a invitation store. When she told me my addresses would be printed on the icing band that goes around my black envelopes, I was a little surprised. However, the owner said that nowadays, this is totally normal and that almost all of their customers get the addresses printed. Totally don't feel bad about it, your invites will look great and no one is going to look down upon you for them being printed. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards