Michigan-Lansing
Options

Any More Jacksonites Out There??

Just looking for more ideas for ceremony locations and reception halls. I really fell in love with Ella Sharp Park, but I've found some cheaper places that sound a little more spacious. Has anyone went to check out the Super 8 in Brooklyn yet? We will have about 150 guests is what our guest list will accomadate. My FI family is from Ohio(not familiar with the area at all), so I was thinking it would probably be best to have our reception either really close to a hotel or actually have it at one. We are suppose to go check out the Commonwealth Center in Jackson next week, I have a feeling I might fall in love with that one too. Haha. Looks like the common price for halls around this area is $1000 and up?

Re: Any More Jacksonites Out There??

• Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Ella Sharp Park in the Rose Garden and then having the reception in the Community Room of the Ella Sharp Museum.  If you are just looking for reception sites in the park the rose garden and the rotunda are just $50 each for the whole day.  The Cascades Manor House is nice but I am not sure how much it costs.  We needed a reception site where we could bring in our own caterer.  My fiance works for his families BBQ catering place.  We were pretty limited.  I believe my parents have been to a wedding at the Super 8 and they said it was nice.  There is also the Fair Grounds event center. 
  • Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw that your wedding is over two years away.  You have time and I would wait till you were about a year-year and a half away from the wedding to really look at places.  There may be more options and prices will be different. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding reception at the super 8, it was nice but i think the space was on the smaller size, i could be wrong, it was a while ago, but when i first started planning i looked at them and i think the price was decent and you could bring in your own caterer, again it was a while ago, but worth checking out. happy planning:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Jackson, and i also looked at all  the different venues out there.  We fell in love with Cascades manor house.  The cost is a little higher than what we wanted to go, but the venue is gorgeous!  Congrats! 
    You need love and laughter to get a happily ever after! Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards