Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendor Reviews-Howell/Brighton Area

I'm a little late on this but I always liked seeing reviews on here!Reception- Chemung Hills Howell, MI A-During the planning process it was a little frustrating because we got some mixed answers, and it seems they are training some new staff. However, the day of I had no complaints. We had extra people show up and there were no issues setting up tables for the extras, the food was AWESOME, the staff was quick and so helpful. The reception room is gorgeous and we got tons of compliments.Dress- House of Brides (online) AI bought a Compare to Maggie Sottero dress after trying on the real one. I was skeptical about buying a knockoff but I could see absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between the real Maggie and the knockoff. The dress came on time, no issues, and was gorgeous.Invitations- Wedding Paper Divas (online) AI bought invitations before they redid the website but had no problems, they were beautiful and I found a coupon code for free shipping.  DJ- Moblile Rhythms/Joe Ostervick- Howell A+++We loved working with Joe! He has everything online and a page for music requests for our guests. People loved picking out music and we got to edit out anything we wanted. At the wedding he was awesome keeping the party going and people were on the dance floor all night! I would recommend him to anyone!Cake- VG's in Howell- A+Yes, I bought my wedding cake at VG's and it was fabulous. We weren't looking for something elaborate, but we did want good cake. We got a simple two-tier cake that we decorated ourselves and sheet cakes to supplement. It ended up costing a third of what the minimum would be at  a regular bakery and no one believed us when we told them where we got it from. They delivered it and everything was exactly what we ordered.Photographer- Kim Wieas, Dynamic Works- BWhen looking for a photographer we knew we weren't going to get anything more than 1,500. We found Kim's site and she was within our budget. At most we wanted a few nice photos to hang on the wall. We got plenty more than that, and although it was more traditional than was my ideal I feel that we got  more than what we paid for. Ordering through her website was a bit frustrating but we are happy with our pictures overall.

Re: Vendor Reviews-Howell/Brighton Area

• Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! We're using Joe from Mobile Rythms, too. I can't wait, he really seem's like an awesome DJ.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joe is the best! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiousity, what is VGs? We've been looking for a cheap cake alternative so Im just curious?
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VGs is a grocery store chain in Michigan. There is one located on Grand River Ave in Howell, MI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! Im getting married in Brighton Next summer. I didnt even think of VG's for the cake. I thought about going to costco to get my sheet cakes. Ill have to look into VG's too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards