Michigan-Lansing

42 days!!!

I don't post much...but it is finally hiitting me that Oct 10th is around the corner. We have a couple of things to still do..like table linens and flowers other than that...things are going smoothly...Hubby is off to his Bach party tonight..and bridal shower was last weekend..busy. I must say I am not a bridezilla..lol..my MOH and I went out dress shopping. I could not beleive that at Deb we found a awsome dress for $20.00 on the clearance rack..we were super excited. My wedding is going to be small..but here are some of the vendors I plan to use..if you have any questions let me know Seven Island Hall (Grand Ledge) for both wedding and reception $500.00 for whole day. Harpist 250.00 Dj $300.00 (friend of ours) Adelines Catering $1,500 cake (250.00) friend is doing..does awsome job if you want info let me know. invites Event depot for 50....cost 220...(about killed me...lol) officiant...(best man took care off) The village florist (diamondale) cost unknown..need to go this week and look. alcohol..going to buy are own and hire a liscenced bartender...appox $300-350.00 dress $99.00 Davids Bridal normally 650..really pretty photgrapher 500.00 found on craigslist she is super nice..which reminds me I need to contact her..lol MY FAVORITE and am sooo excited I hired a lady name Dawn to do Carictures of the guest...as the wedding favor..she is $95.00 a hour..which to me is worth it..favors are expensive this way people can have even more fun. I know this is a very random post...however I just wanted to kind of put it all out there...Everything is hitting me..I am trying not to get nervous. I work, go to school and have three kids. So I don't have much time to even think about it..however like I said with the all the parties it just hit me. If I can be of any help to anyone or if anyone has suggestions on linens..or hair and makeup let me know. Amanda

Re: 42 days!!!

• Swtangel098Swtangel098 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married @ the Wedding Chapel in Grand Ledge and got our hair/makeup done at the Bridgewater Salon(right downtown GL). Sarah did a FANTASTIC job and I think it was only $35 for both hair and makeup.Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww I don't check this board often (I'm always on Oct 09 board) but I'm getting married on 10-10 as well, up in St Johns! (I live in Dewitt) It's coming up so fast! I love the carictures idea! It's unique and fun! I'm hoping this crappy weather will be gone by our special day!!! Good luck with everything and btw the knotties on the Oct 09 board are amazing if you want opinions/advice/support!
  • TMS1980TMS1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey... I am having ceremony/recption at Seven Islands too!  LOL  :)  Price was our deciding factor... We live in Lansing-  I think I am DYI flowers.... I am still deciding though-  Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I found Seven Islands on Craigs List..back when the construction wasn't done..lol..The price is great....are you doing both there? We thought weather permitting after the ceremony we would go to THe Ledges and take pics of us and the wedding party...the colors of the trees should be amazing...well good luck to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have Sarahs info or should I just call out there?
  • TMS1980TMS1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on doing both the ceremony and the reception inside... I was planning on making a bigger isle for myself and WP to walk up-  The guests will already be seated at their tables where they will be eating dinner.  :)  I am still working on ideas on transitioning between the wedding and the ceremony.... Hmmmmm  I would love to do it outdoors but with our numbers it would be pricey to rent chairs plus who knows it could be snowing by nov. 7.... LOL  I hope not but our outdoor pics would be pretty... :)Who are you using as your Officiant?  We are still looking for ours!  We are looking for a non-religious ceremony, but still pretty/romantic, ya know. 
  • lb4908lb4908 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is bridgewater spa and salon in Grand Ledge booked for your date? They have great prices for hair and makeup for bridal parties. Also my regular stylist travels to do hair for bridal parties. I'm not sure if she's booked for your date or not. Her email is ashley_n_jennings at yahoo.com and she's really affordable and well liked on the board too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards