Michigan-Lansing

Spartan Brides!

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get permission to paint the rock? I though this would be fun for our wedding day and some great photo ops too. Thanks!

Re: Spartan Brides!

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure there's no permission, just the rules of the rock. The rock must be painted when it's dark....whenever the sun comes out, that is how the rock must be for the day. That's why you see people camping out there during the day...they are waiting for the night to repaint it. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, just go and paint it, although like the previous post, it'll most likely stay if you camp out all night, and all day until you want pictures. If you wedding is not during the school year it'll probably be way easier to do it without camping out.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I was never much into sorority/fraternity stuff so I wasn't sure how "the rock" painting worked. I always saw people sitting around it and never understood. lol. Thanks!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From my understanding during the school year, you do need permission to paint the rock (how you go about getting permission, i have no idea!)  But during the spring/summer while very few students are around, it's not a problem.I had asked another spartan bride about it who got married this past summer and she said they didn't have a problem during the summer.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards