Michigan-Lansing

paranoid....

So I was talking to a vendor the other day, and she was great, we were talking about my wedding blah blah blah and all my plans and then she asked "Do you have your dress yet" I replied, yes, it's at such and such bridal store. She then cautioned me about picking it up now, so that other brides to be don't try it on. I've already paid for it, it's there in storage until i'm ready for alterations. Do bridal stores really do that?!?! While she didn't say that the store I bought it from does that, i'm now paranoid and am comtemplating picking it up. Though, I should mention that i'm going to have this store alter the dress, so i'd have to take it back in like 4 months to have altered.....

Re: paranoid....

• cutemary007cutemary007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I've never heard of that either. I would hope that this never occurs. But just to be sure.....go get your dress! I'm definetly picking up mine as soon as it arrives after reading this post
  • edited December 2011
    My hairstylist just told me an odd story about one of the bridal stores that will store your dress...she said the girl went into the store with her grandma to try on her dress, and it wasn't there! I guess they were keeping it at the owner's house...I def. thought that was a little weird!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa, that is weird!
  • edited December 2011
    This happened to me on the east side. I was at a bridal salon and wanted to try a dress from the same designer in my size. The sample of my dress was really big. So I put on this other dress they handed to me and when I walked out, she told me that it was another bride's dress and she was going to pick it up the next day. When my dress came in, I made sure to grab it right away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards