Michigan-Lansing
Options

Registry Info

I know that etiquette says you should not include your registry info on your invites.  I'm not asking for whether or not I should do this, or what  Miss Manners would say, I'm just wondering how many of you are going to put it there anyway.  On my month board it seemed to be somewhat regional...around here, more birdes thought it wasn't a big deal.  So what are you doing?

Anniversary

Re: Registry Info

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not.  Huge faux-pas and very gift grabby.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would never do it because I know my relatives and friends would be offended.  I want to show them that I want them present for the wedding and that a gift is not a given.
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am. I never knew it was considered bad etiquette before I came on TK....and I've never received a wedding invite without it. I would be irrirtated if they didn't include it! lol. Then I'd have to search out the information and that would annoy me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I probably am, I never knew it was bad either until I read it on the Knot. I have never been invited to a wedding that didn't have a registry on a separate slip of paper...

What's the point of a registry if you don't tell people where you are registered?
    "There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just so we're clear, it is not just TK that says it is poor etiquette, Emily Post and Miss Manners will also tell you that it is poor etiquette.  A wedding and reception are not occassions that require giving a gift (unlike a shower, where the entire purpose of the party is to give gifts).  By including the registry info in the invite you are saying to your guests, the price of admission to this event is one of the gifts listed on the registry.

Most people are internet savvy enough to find the information on your website or know to call your parents or bridal party and ask where you are registered.  Those are acceptable ways to convey the registry information.

Registry info can be included in the shower invitation.
  • Options
    MSUbride2011MSUbride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am, like others, I didn't know it was frowned upon to not include this information. To be honest, I'd rather put it on the invitation rather than having everyone ask me, because I know that will happen.

204 image Ready to party with us!
    84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
    20 image Won't be having any fun
    100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not. And I'd judge anyone if they sent me an invitation with it on there regardless of who they were. Put it on your website, put a card in your invitation envelopes with a "for more information see our website..."

People are not stupid, they will figure it out.
  • Options
    dfritz27dfritz27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've added our website on the back of the maps we're sending with the invites.  They can find our registry information that way if they're interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards