Michigan-Lansing
Options

RD in the East Lansing area?

Hi ladies. I'm not on this board very often; back when I first started planning I was more, but it seemed like no one else ever was, haha. 

Do any of you have any recommendations for RD restaurants in the East Lansing area? We're getting married at the Eagle Eye Golf Club (technically in Bath), and we have a ton of out of town guests, so I don't want them having to drive too far in an area they're not familiar with. Most of them will be staying within 10-15 minutes of Eagle Eye. 

I'm not all that familiar with the Lansing area; I'm originally from St. Louis and now live in Boston. FI grew up in Holt but he goes to school elsewhere so hasn't had time to do a bunch of scouting. 

I think we'd like someplace that's semi-formal/semi-casual. I was thinking maybe an Italian place, but I'm not sure what the "good ones" are. And we'd like some kind of separate room if possible. We'll probably have about 30 people at the RD, counting immediate family, the officiant, and WP members/SOs. 

Re: RD in the East Lansing area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...the only Italian places that I can think of are Olive Garden (by the Meridian mall) and Carrabas (West Saginaw past the Lansing mall).  Oh, there's a restaurant up on Old 27, would be probably a 10 minute drive, if that, from Eagle Eye.  It's called Guerrazzi's.  It's pretty good and I'm pretty sure that they have a banquet room. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Troppo's in Lansing has a banquet syle room upstiars. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if Bravo does RD's or not but they also may be kind of expensive. I have also seen rehearsal dinners done at Old Chicago (which is more of a pizza/pasta/beer). I know of a lot of places in the Lansing area but most are not italian, Bravo is but may be expensive! Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you want to stay near Eagle Eye there is Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe, Champps, Enso, Mitchells Fish Market, Claddaugh's Irish Pub and Bravo.  Bravo is the only italian one of the group, but as others have said pricey and I don't think they have a private room.  I know that the Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe has a private room and has an italian buffet availble.

Where are your OOT guests staying?
  • Options
    applekapplek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Pizza House on Hagedorn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards