Michigan-Lansing

Bridal Shower

I'm looking for an inexpensive, but somewhat private, area to host a bridal shower. I've lurked through the board, but a lot of the posts are really old and I was hoping for some more suggestions.

Also games to play would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower

• A few questions to help point you in the right direction-

How many people were you thinking of hosting? 
    Do you want to supply food, or have it catered (either outside or at a restaurant)?

Obviously, the least expensive way is at someone's home and serve cake and punch.  Which is completely acceptable, depending on the time of day.  Do you want to do more than that?
  • We don't really have a home suitable for a shower, mostly because my mom and I have large dogs and small homes. We're thinking about 25 people and I think we'd prefer it to be catered, but I'm open to ideas of having us bring food. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Coral Gables in East Lansing has some nice rooms and reasonably priced food. They are easy to work with too.

My DD's shower was at the River House Inn in Williamston.  They did a wonderful lunch on the patio. It is on the river and they have lovely gardens, so depending on the time of year can be beautiful  From what the hostesses told me, they were very flexible on working on a menu and keeping costs in mind.

Old Chicago in Okemos has a room that will hold about that many.

Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe also has a room, excellent food and good prices. (DD's rehearsal dinner was here).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards