Michigan-Lansing

average DJ cost

what is the average cost for a DJ and for a string quartet?

Re: average DJ cost

• edited December 2011
    I am paying 525.00 for my DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The DJ cost can vary.  My DD is using Push Play DJs and it is $700 for the night (it is a Friday).  Matt from WED is around the $700 range too.

String Quartets runs about $400-$480 an hour if you go through the MSU School of Music ($100-120/hr per person for a trio or quartet). This seems to be pretty standard. 

However, my DD just booked a group called String Theory for $350 for a trio for 2 hours.  I think the quartet would be $450 for 2 hours. They are high school students that have been playing for years.  They are really good.  You can find contact information on their facebook page.

HTH
  • edited December 2011

Gail - Do you have any more information on String Theory?  I searched for them on facebook but did not find a group in the MI area...

• michgreenemichgreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Uptown DJs and paying $700 for a Saturday night reception
  • edited December 2011
    My DJ is quite expensive ($895) but came so highly recommended that I had to go with him.  The string quartet that I found charges $440/hr.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    K3whitta-

Here is link to their page, I hope it works

http://stringtheoryokemos.tumblr.com/

From here you can link to their Facebook page.

They are adorable.  The live in Okemos and Mason, although the page only shows the 2 guys, they have other musicians they work with to make up the trio or quartet.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was a little more then seems to be average for Lansing, but like PP said, he was so highly recommended we felt it would be worth it to spend a little more then we planned. We want to have an awesome DJ, and I know we are getting one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards