Michigan-Lansing
Options

English Inn - Dressing Rooms?

My parents, FI, and I went to look at several venues today. We really liked the English Inn, but they come with one major drawback: No dressing rooms for anyone. They said that we could rent one of the rooms for the night before and then use that to get dressed in but honestly, they're awfully small, crowded rooms to have 6 women getting dressed in. And I'm kinda put off that I have to spend $180 or so just to have a dressing room.

Did anyone else use this venue? If so, what did you do about the dressing room issue? Other than that, this is the venue of our dreams, but we don't know what to do about where to get dressed.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: English Inn - Dressing Rooms?

• Options
    I have never been to a wedding there, but I think that if the only problem is renting a room to dress in, you should go with it.  I mean, look around of course, but if it's really the venue of your dreams and the extra $200 is in the budget, I'd do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_english-inn-dressing-rooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:1fed512b-d381-4fbf-aaed-2a501aa056faPost:0c9cc770-961a-4039-9729-23bef2de0448">Re: English Inn - Dressing Rooms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never been to a wedding there, but I think that if the only problem is renting a room to dress in, you should go with it.  I mean, look around of course, but if it's really the venue of your dreams and the extra $200 is in the budget, I'd do it.
    Posted by nlfeguer[/QUOTE]

<div>We're definitely not calling that a deal breaker by any means, but it seems like it would be hard to get dressed in one of those rooms. Like I said, they seem awfully cramped and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with getting ready there.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    We are having our wedding at the English Inn. We are planning on getting everything ready except our dressing before we arrive. I did not think it was worth the extra money for the girls to get ready. The guys will be dressing there in the mens room in the pub, so they can all take their time and have a drink while waiting on us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards