Michigan-Lansing
Options

Where did Piece of Cake and Save the Moment go?

Earlier today I noticed two messages on the board about vendors who people were upset with...where are they now?  One of them was one we were using and I wanted to copy it and take with me and ask them about the complaint.  Once this board switched over to the new format...these two have been removed.  Why is that?

Re: Where did Piece of Cake and Save the Moment go?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I started the thread about Save the Moments a few weeks ago. It's now on page 2 (towards the bottom).

I'm not sure about Piece of Cake....sorry!

Megan
  • Options
    Betsyboo13Betsyboo13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your thread...but that wasn't the one I was referring to.  Someone today wrote about how disappointed she was in how long it was taking, all the excuses, etc.  Perhaps whoever wrote it will resubmit it...I'd like to see it again.  There were two threads, both very unhappy with these vendors, and I just wondered what happened to their comments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw both of those. Save the Moments is a photographer for my friends wedding so I was concerned. As I was reading she said she hadn't received her photos and there was some excuse about a mix-up. When I got to the point where she said she still owed money before she gets her photos I shrugged it off. If you still owe your vendor money you have no complaints. All my contracts are clear about payment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea, I saw those too.  I also replied to the florist thread and there's nothing there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the new boards have lost some posts... One of mine that I posted over on The Dress yesterday was gone today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bummer, and yes i've heard of other posts going MIA before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Several posts across the boards were lost with the new look...hopefully they will come back!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't see the original post about someone being disappointed with A Piece O Cake.  We went with them and had a wonderful experience.  We found an inspiration cake picture here on theknot and she went off of that.  It turned out better than I had imagined it would be.  It also tasted great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The review said something along the lines that A Piece O' Cake brought them an entirely wrong cake...like red instead of gold. But they didn't believe they had make the mistake...I can't remember exactly how it ended, but I think the OP thought they were rude and gave her a minimal refund.
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I wanted to add....the cake OP had one minor red flag to me...she said she was married in October, but her profile said she got married in June. I know people change their dates, but I know we also have to worry about other vendors coming on here to falsely report things. It was a pretty detailed review so it seemed mostly legit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the post you saw, but I had a terrible experience with A Piece O Cake as well. I gave her a specific design (with images). It entailed 3D figures that went up the cake,

When we received the cake, she actually hired someone to paint the images flatly on one side of the cake. You couldn't see the design from all sides like we wanted. (Even though the pictures we gave her clearly showed 3D and around the cake.)

I addressed this with her after the wedding and told her I paid for overpriced 3D design, but received a flat one. Her response was unprofessional and rude. She refused to amend it at all, just stating that SHE thought it looked great. She didn't care that the bride and groom were unhappy.

If you take this to her, I would love to hear what she says. I posted the images I gave her on our site and the image of what we actually received... for a $1300+ design.
    http://adorkableduo.com/?go=cake

• Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a post on the Food and Cake board complaining about A Piece O Cake.  I think it is probably the same one that was here.  That post is still on that board though. 
  • Options
    LoveLove62709LoveLove62709 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI It was me with the Piece O' Cake Complaint. I did originally plan my wedding for June and ended up getting married in October. Im not another vendor or whatever.. anyways they were horrible. I also posted my complaint on Yellowpages.com
  • Options
    LoveLove62709LoveLove62709 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in October in East Lansing, MI. A Piece O' Cake came VERY highly recommended to me so I went with them. The tasting session was amazing. They were very accomodating.. I paid for and helped design the idea for my cake. A gold fondant cake with leaf imprints and small flowers .. but simple. On the day of my wedding however, I recieved a WHITE cake with Red polk-a-dots on it. When I called after my wedding to inform them of this error, I got nothing but attitude on the other line. This was very discouraging seeing I was so excited about going with this company and them being SO wrong. I thought there would be no argument, simply an apology. I paid $1000 for my cake, that I now could buy no pictures of becuase it clashed so badly with the rest of my wedding. I told the woman that I was simply calling for business feedback purposes and I didnt expect them to turn back time and re do something that could never be redone. She insisted multiple times that I come in to the shop and look at HER pictures. After doing so, the cake was STILL white and STILL had red on it!! I was so appauled at how unprofessional she was that I told her I was done with the situation and I was leaving. As I was walking out of the door, she sarcastically said "Well I was going to offer your money but I see that nothing will make you happy." I turned around and said I will happily take a refund. After leaving and waiting for an email response on how much she was going to return to me, She decided $120 was enough. I said fine and gave her my address to send the check. A month later, I have yet to recieve it and when I called back to let her know, I once again recieved nothing but arguments and attitude. I would say to ALL THE BRIDES OUT THERE, save the headache and go somewhere else. I cant believe anyone can run a business with that sort of attitude. I think I was more hurt than angry becuase I had expected so much more! So, save the headache girls! Your already working to hard!!! Good luck to all!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]...When I called after my wedding to inform them of this error, I got nothing but attitude on the other line.
     As I was walking out of the door, she sarcastically said "Well I was going to offer your money but I see that nothing will make you happy."
    I cant believe anyone can run a business with that sort of attitude. I think I was more hurt than angry becuase I had expected so much more! So, save the headache girls! Your already working to hard!!! Good luck to all!!
    Posted by LoveLove62709[/QUOTE]

LoveLove, THAT is exactly why you will find my complaint anywhere. <strong>She doesn't know how to run her business. </strong>I filed a complaint to the BBB and have posted reviews on the other wedding sites I use.  The error with our account would have been fine (like with one other vendor) had she been accountable <u>instead of the attitude</u>. I know she's young, but to own a business, you need to mature a little and understand how a service business works. Had she just said, I'm sorry that we did not provide what you paid for, it would not have been such a BFD.
  • Options
    npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say "Sue her in Small Claims!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards