Michigan-Lansing

Grand Loft

Hey guys!  Just got engaged and am starting to plan a Lansing-area wedding.  We are looking at the Grand Loft for the reception (FI is from Grand Ledge so it would be perfect).  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Any ideas on their pricing?

Thanks!

Re: Grand Loft

• It is relatively new, so I'm not sure of any reviews or pricing. I know it is owned by the same person that owns Push Play DJs, so they do have wedding experience.  Push Play did DDs wedding and did a great job.

Sorry I can't be more help.
  • Grand Loft is owned by the same person who own Push Play DJs.  He is doing the music for our wedding.  We've met with him once.  He seems like a good person to work with.

Good luck.
  • Thanks!  I emailed them a few days ago for pricing info and hadn't heard back yet so I was wondering what other people's experiences had been like.  If they include the DJ it might be worth checking out.
  • Just as an update for anyone interested ... I filled out the form on their website and the owner called me on the phone in less than 5 minutes to give me more information.  A Saturday rental is around $2000 and it includes the DJ, chairs & tables.  I haven't looked around much but that seems pretty reasonable.
  • That  is a good price. Their normal charge for just the DJ is around $700, so $1300 for  the venue is very reasonable.  Joe is very easy to work with.
  • My friend was looking at them.  Just keep in mind that those things are all you get.  You need linens, dishes, caterer, bartender, everything.  For me (and my friend), it wasn't worth the extra work.  Make sure you consider that too.
    Anniversary
  • Another good reception place in the Lansing area is the Okemos Conference Center.  They were $1200 (I'm off-season, though) for the room which comes with linens and plates.  The catering service is $15/person.
  • I'm using Gandloft for my reception in September 2012, and find Joe to be reasonable to work with and well priced. I like being able to bring in our own cater and alcohol. The only thing is make sure your cater has a mobile kitchen because they only have a prep area. No warmers, but there is a large fridge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_grand-loft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:2ad2c734-186f-4f5e-bb3c-33852795f3b4Post:fc70ef31-1ae3-4686-a7fd-6cf37e8c3581">Re: Grand Loft</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Grandloft for my reception in September 2012, and find Joe to be reasonable to work with and well priced. I like being able to bring in our own cater and alcohol. The only thing is make sure your cater has a mobile kitchen because they only have a prep area. No warmers, but there is a large fridge.
    Posted by honeybee1682[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Who did you end up doing for catering? I am looking to book this venue and would like some ideas. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_grand-loft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:2ad2c734-186f-4f5e-bb3c-33852795f3b4Post:a90e669c-cc4b-4384-ae2b-5a78355a0ac7">Re: Grand Loft</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grand Loft : Who did you end up doing for catering? I am looking to book this venue and would like some ideas. 
    Posted by wojcie19[/QUOTE]

I ended up booking the Grand Loft for my wedding in June.  I'm using <a href="http://www.themoveablefeastcatering.com/" rel="nofollow">The Moveable Feast</a> for my catering.  They are AMAZING!  They have a mobile kitchen so they will be cooking the food fresh from the parking lot!  Hahaa!  Their food is delicious and their prices are really reasonable.  Plus, they will bring all the dishes/linens/etc that the Grand Loft doesn't have.  Obviously, I can't FULLY review them until after the wedding this summer but so far I've been nothing but impressed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://lansing.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_grand-loft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:2ad2c734-186f-4f5e-bb3c-33852795f3b4Post:391da3fe-cda5-4d90-b206-84f06ed33714">Re: Grand Loft</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grand Loft : I ended up booking the Grand Loft for my wedding in June.  I'm using The Moveable Feast for my catering.  They are AMAZING!  They have a mobile kitchen so they will be cooking the food fresh from the parking lot!  Hahaa!  Their food is delicious and their prices are really reasonable.  Plus, they will bring all the dishes/linens/etc that the Grand Loft doesn't have.  Obviously, I can't FULLY review them until after the wedding this summer but so far I've been nothing but impressed!
    Posted by krazyblush[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That is super! I will definitely check them out. just met w/ Mr. Joe Todd yesterday and are looking at reserving a date there soon. I love that place especially the uplighting and the bring in what you want attitude. 

</div>
  • How was your wedding?!
    I am looking into this place for 2014 or 2015.
    THANKS
  • The Grand Loft was the perfect venue for our event! Grand Loft offers you a clean a g gorgeously contemporary pallete with which to be creatkve no matter your taste. Joe was wonderful to work with; he was accommodating and respectful of our wishes and budget. This partnership truly made for an amazing night our guests and I will not soon forget! I appreciated the flexibility to set up the day prior-this alleviated a lot of stress on my big day! Lastly, I have to say the DJ services provided were PERFECT! Joe kept our event moving on schedule and interpreted our group's taste in music to a T! I would highly recommend choosing Grand Loft for your event if you have not yet found a venue.
  • Has anyone had a hard time getting a hold of Joe?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards