Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendor Reviews

I was actually productive on my Memorial Day :)  I updated the vendor post at the top of the board with my grades and have detailed reviews in my married bio (see siggy).

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that everything went well for you.  You looked beautiful and it looks like you had a wonderful time. 

Thanks for the review about Sparty.  We are planning to hire him and now I know to be sure to follow-up with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks and sounds like almost everything went perfectly. Congratulations!! My wedding is on Saturday and we're using a number of the same vendors. I'm especially glad to hear about your good experiences at the Alumni Chapel, Kellogg Center and Petal and Forrest. I'm sorry to hear about the horrible time you had getting Sparty. We are getting him too, but our experience has been pretty good so far and I haven't had any complaints. I'll be sure to follow up wit SAF this week.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely get everything in writing when dealing with SAF.  The only saving grace is that I had an e-mail from a year ago indiciating we were accepting the quote.  If I didn't have that e-mail, we would have been screwed.

Honestly, I don't think Tim ever put us on the calendar to begin wtih.  They tried to blame switching to a new system but when I spoke to him over a year ago he was trying to blow me off.  I'm totally convinced he didn't even check when he assured me that "we were on the calendar" and he just wanted to get me off the phone.

It ended up working out but it was absolutely the worst experience I ever had while wedding planning. 

But everything else went wonderfully and I would not have changed a thing :)  All of our vendors were absolutely fantastic!

And congratulations Kari!!  Have a wonderful day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went so well for you!!!

I saw that you gave the Majestic Elegance a C though! I'd love to hear why! We will be there in three weeks!
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! We're using the chapel also, and Beth for our cake too. Glad to hear good things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! You looked so beautiful.

I'm glad to hear that so many things went well, definitely puts my mind a little at ease for all our shared vendors. 25 days away and I'm getting super nervous about it all coming together.

I'm a little Surprised about what our Kellogg bill is going to be, though...did you have an open bar? If you don't mind me asking, how much of the final total was alcohol?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_vendor-reviews-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:2f63d0e0-5367-43ec-990d-e62bb46484efPost:da85e2b6-d7c7-4fd9-9680-f3764d412c8e">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went so well for you!!! I saw that you gave the Majestic Elegance a C though! I'd love to hear why! We will be there in three weeks!
    Posted by SusieQ83[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, we had a fantastic honeymoon but just a lot of little stuff added up to the grade.  It mainly had to do with the food and some customer service issues we had.  It's absolutely beautiful there, the beach is truly unbelievable!  Perfect sand and these little tiki hut things on the beach are great.  You will have a great time, not to worry :)

I go into more detailed in my married bio or if you want more information, just let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_vendor-reviews-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:2f63d0e0-5367-43ec-990d-e62bb46484efPost:641297b1-b040-4999-b181-94ffb35a1220">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations! You looked so beautiful. I'm glad to hear that so many things went well, definitely puts my mind a little at ease for all our shared vendors. 25 days away and I'm getting super nervous about it all coming together. I'm a little about what our Kellogg bill is going to be, though...did you have an open bar? If you don't mind me asking, how much of the final total was alcohol?
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]
    We did have an open bar but it was included in the price per person so I'm not sure how much of it ended up being alcohol.  Rachel had said she would contact us with any fluctuations to the bill (either to charge us a little more or refund us a bit) after they counted the drinks and what not but we haven't heard from her so I assume it's fine.

ETA:  Oops spoke too soon.  We got our mail delivered today that was held while we were on our honeymoon and the breakdown was in there.  Our total was $8400ish and $2600 of that was alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards