Michigan-Lansing

Floral Quotes

Morning all!

I am just starting to look into floral arrangements... any recommendations on best prices for a good quality product? Also, how many different places do you recommend to "shop around" at and get a quote from?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Floral Quotes

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ele3 Events and Design for floral, linens and day of coordination.  They are great.  My DD loved the mockup they did for the tables at the reception (I did too, but it's her opinion that matters Wink).  I would talk to at least 3 florists, you will get a variety of ideas and price points. 
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with two florists back in July, Petal and Forrest (who I booked) and Twiggies (who I am still waiting on a quote from....).

I LOVE Petal and Forrest and I can't wait for my final appt in a few weeks to talk about flowers again :)  They were very accomodating of my budget and really worked with me to get it down even further.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Petal and Forest as well.  Their quote was nearly half that of a quote I got from another florist I met with, AND they were incredibly friendly and fun.  One of my close friends used Wild Strawberry Florist in Holt and said that their prices were reasonable.
  • michgreenemichgreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I met with a total of 5 florists and ended up booking at Delta Flowers. Literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than the next least expensive place, and Laura is SO great to work with!

• edited December 2011
    Emartson-I met with Twiggies last June and I too am still waiting on my quote!!!

I'm surprised that so many of you had such good luck with Petal and Forrest accomodating your budget.  I loved them and would've booked them, but they were super expensive and told me that I would have to do all of my own arranging to keep their flowers in my budget.

I would say that you should meet with at least 3 florists.  Check out Van Atta's...they were great!  I ended up going with someone my venue suggested.  She is doing everything and more that others quoted me $2000+, for only about $700.  I have had a little trouble with communication (she takes too long to get back to me sometimes), but I am really happy with her work and have no doubt that she'll be there on time, with amazing arrangements the day of.
    Anniversary
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_floral-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:35647aaf-ce2d-4d88-94b7-b5ca40b2f882Post:537c9e97-06ca-4726-a95f-228c2fabaf40">Re: Floral Quotes</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Emartson-I met with Twiggies last June and I too am still waiting on my quote!!!</strong> I'm surprised that so many of you had such good luck with Petal and Forrest accomodating your budget.  I loved them and would've booked them, but they were super expensive and told me that I would have to do all of my own arranging to keep their flowers in my budget. I would say that you should meet with at least 3 florists.  Check out Van Atta's...they were great!  I ended up going with someone my venue suggested.  She is doing everything and more that others quoted me $2000+, for only about $700.  I have had a little trouble with communication (she takes too long to get back to me sometimes), but I am really happy with her work and have no doubt that she'll be there on time, with amazing arrangements the day of.
    Posted by nlfeguer[/QUOTE]
    She came with such wonderful reviews and I was so completely unimpressed by her.  So disorganized and rude.  She couldn't even find a business card to get me because her desk was such a mess.

And I am putting together my own centerpieces (well my DOC is).  They are just simple rose centerpieces and it saved me over $500 to do it myself.  And my DOC was only $300 so she more than paid for her services in the amount of money I am saving.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_floral-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:35647aaf-ce2d-4d88-94b7-b5ca40b2f882Post:61cf154c-d2b5-4398-b1b1-c74b412e0907">Re: Floral Quotes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Floral Quotes : <strong>She came with such wonderful reviews and I was so completely unimpressed by her.  So disorganized and rude.  She couldn't even find a business card to get me because her desk was such a mess. </strong>And I am putting together my own centerpieces (well my DOC is).  They are just simple rose centerpieces and it saved me over $500 to do it myself.  And my DOC was only $300 so she more than paid for her services in the amount of money I am saving.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

My FI came to the appt. with me and she didn't look or talk to him the entire time.  I don't even think she asked his name.  I don't know how she has so many great reviews if she treats her customers like this.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards