Michigan-Lansing

Caterers, Photographers, and DJ's

I'm at this step... Does anyone know any good (quality and price) caterers, photographers, or DJ's in the Lansing area? Thanks girls!

Re: Caterers, Photographers, and DJ's

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget for each item?  A good price to one person might be a budget buster to another. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in East Lansing and we're using Millennium Entertainment for our DJ. Aside from being really reasonably priced, they've been fantastic to work with. 
    The guy who owns the business clearly has a close relationship with all his DJs and is able to reccommend which one of them would be the best fit for the mood/style of your wedding. And their online client tool is so helpful when it comes to choosing music. What FI really likes about them is that they only do weddings, so you feel assured that they've seen/done all kinds of weddings and know what they're doing. 
  • kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the "Tell us about your vendors!" sticky at the top of the board, that has a list of everyone's vendors and some include prices. However, ditto PP that opinions on price vary greatly, so you'd need to clarify that a bit.

That said, we are using Two Ring Photography (Jill Lenkowski), reception is at Kellogg Center, and W.E.D. (Matt Schultheiss) for DJ. We're getting married in 12 days but so far I've been very pleased with the interaction we've had.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this weekend so I can't completely give a grade for my vendors but I have been very pleased so far and they are very reasonably priced!  My photographer is Jeff McGinthy with Town Square Photo out of Mason and my DJ is Jon Hermann with Real Deal DJ's.  Both have been great so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • dfritz27dfritz27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Barry Tilson for your photography.  His photos are awesome, prices are amazing and our pastor said he's the best photographer he's ever worked with.  We used Jump Start DJs and they did a great job finding a DJ that suited us. 

www.barrytilson.com
    www.jumpstartdjs.com
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography we're using Kelly at Looking Glass Photography. I believe her prices have gone up slightly since we booked her last year, but she's great and still has good prices in comparison to some others.

www.lookingglassphotography.biz

We're using Tunes by T for DJ - but he's more expensive then some of the DJ's in town. We're getting T himself though, I'm not sure if there's a lower price if you use one of the other DJ's that works for him. He has excellent reviews online.

www.tunesbyt.com

I can't help with caterer, we're getting married at Hawk Hollow and they don't allow outside caterers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas girls : )
  • edited December 2011
    Getting here a little late; but we are using Push Play Dj and they seem to be very professional and alot of fun. As for Photographer we are going with Timeless Elegance; just love their photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ottawa Street Catering.  We were extremely pleased, prices were great, lots of extra's were thrown in, and the food rec'd lots of compliments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards