Michigan-Lansing
Options

Reception Venue HELP!!!

I'm getting married June 9th 2012 in Lansing at Cooley Gardens. Problem is, I don't know where I'm having the reception & it's only 6 months away!!! It's a very small wedding & we're catering it ourselves. I don't care if it's an outdoor or indoor reception, but I'm on a VERY strict budget. Does anyone know of a hall/park/garden out there that is affordable & can accomidate? They must allow alcohol & be near Lansing/St. Johns.

Re: Reception Venue HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My SIL had hers at a pavilion in Patriarch park.  I found a link for you.  You can have alcohol there for a max. of 4 hours.  Here's the link!

http://www.cityofeastlansing.com/Home/Departments/ParksRecreationArts/AboutFacilitiesParks/NeighborhoodParks/Reservations/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Try Fountain Hall in SJ.  It doesn't look like much from the outside just a pole barn style building but it's set up nicely on the inside, much better than I expected  - the chairs are black banquet style and round tables with a tan colored wall and wood floors and I've heard the price is right.  I just went to a reception there a few weeks ago for 280 people and was pleasantly surprised.  The only thing I didn't like was that they set open trash cans inside the main door and changed the bags several times during the reception and the person changing them had on jeans and a tshirt.  Mind you the caterer used disposible plates and cups but I still would have requested they be kept behind the wall in the drink service area. The bride & groom had to move their reception there 2 weeks before the wedding after their original banquet hall closed and they were very accomodating from what I hear.
  • Options
    What is your budget for the hall? Fountain Hall was about $1200, not cheap for what it was. There are several community buildings (city halls, township halls, etc) you could try, those are usually the cheapest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards