Michigan-Lansing
Options

OOT Bags

Is anyone else doing OOT bags for their guests?  We have about 30 guests coming from OOT for the wedding and I wanted to give them cute welcome bags, but I don't know what kinds of "Michigan" stuff to put in them.  I already plan to give them a map, welcome letter, water, snacks, tylenol, hand sanitizer, etc, but I thought something that is made in MI or has to do with the state would be fun.  Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas I could borrow?  TIA!

Re: OOT Bags

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Better made chips
    faygo
    mackinack island fudge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anything from Jiffy...that's super cheap. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Kelloggs cereal
    MSU cheese
    Cherries
    michigan wines
    Michigan Mints (you can get them at Michigania and I think Dusty's)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto all the ideas above. My mom and I are also baking sugar cookies and cutting them out using a Michigan cookie cutter to put in each bag! Its something we can do a month or two out because sugar cookies freeze well!
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen people get food items from local places. There's Cravings Popcorn in Old Town, and The Peanut Shop downtown. Those are the only places to come to mind at the moment :) You could get something at Uncle John's, too. They have a booth at the city market.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great ideas!  This has really helped me a lot.  With my wedding only 3 weeks away, I'm trying to get everything in order!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards