Michigan-Lansing
Options

Hair/Make up Poll

I know there is a post below about hair/makeup but I wondered where all of you are getting your hair/make up done? I am not having much luck finding anyone and haven't lived in Lansing for more than a year and half, so I have no clue who to go to.

Poll:

Where are you going for your hair/makeup?

Re: Hair/Make up Poll

• Options
    lvasilenlvasilen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bmaids and I are getting our hair and makeup done.

Try Imakeyouup.com she is very good!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably just going to have some people from my hometown come and do our hair and make up. If I ddn't do that, I was considering Panopoulos Salon, by Lake Lansing & Hagadorn in EL. They were recommended by a DOC I met with, and I thought they did a good job for my e-pic makeup. 
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the MAC counter and had my makeup done for our epics.  While I was there I asked if that individual did freelance work.  They do.  So, I'm planning to book them pretty shortly here.

For hair, I'm going to a very small local place, but I've heard good things about Salon Red in Okemos.

Also, Douglas J, the Aveda Exchange, and/or the Aveda spa and salon (all in E.L. and surrounding area) do both hair and makeup.  I've had them do touch ups now and then when they're offering it for free and they seem fine.  so, that's an option too.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably having my hair done at my usual place in Haslett, Capellini Salon.  Haven't decided about makeup yet.
  • Options
    jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 things:  Eyelash extensions, makeup artists, and DIY makeup.

1)  Ashley from North44 MedSpa in East Lansing (north of Lake Lansing rd. on Coolidge) does really good makeup and hair.  She also does eyelash extensions!  I just got my eyelash extensions yesterday and I love them!  The extensions are semi-permanent (4 weeks), and completely natural looking.  She is going to fill them up so they look more full and glamorous the day before my wedding, and they will last through the honeymoon.  BTW, I'm Asian with stick straight lashes that point down, and even waterproof/smudgeproof mascara always smudges on me.  I now have long and full curled lashes!  These eyelash extensions are a miracle, and I won't even have to bother with mascara now!

www.north44medspa.com

My wedding is only 2 weeks away now and I will post pics from that day so you can see.  I've also received chemical peels, microdermabrasian, and facials from Ashley at the medspa and I love the way my skin feels and looks!

2)  I used to be a makeup artist by contract for Chanel Beaute (3 years) and Shiseido (1 year) so I am doing my own makeup, but I know of other makeup artists in the area (Ashley from North44medspa included) who are great.  Kylie Dothsuk is a great option, and she specializes in airbrush makeup:  dotky25@gmail.com.  If you would like to use my services as a makeup artist, I am only available in the summers since I now have a full time career as an orchestra director.

3)  If you want DIY makeup and you're worried about makeup lasting all day, try She-laq by Benefit. 

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/product/B000G6O036/ref=sr_11_1/181-1113136-5761032?ie=UTF8&bcBrand=core&nodeID=

I can't use the long wearing lipstick like CoverGirl or Maybelline because the stain dries out my lips.  She-laq is a clear liquid like water that you paint on over eyemakeup (even mascara!), blush, and lips and the makeup does not budge!  I have a favorite lipstick that I'm wearing for the wedding and I've been testing this stuff out lately and I am so happy that I'll be able to wear my lipstick and not have to worry about it fading!  I put my lipstick on, blot, apply She-laq, and then put a gloss over it at 7am.  It is now 10pm, and I still have color on my lips!  I hear it does wonders for mascara, even non-waterproof that makes it cry-proof.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i'm on the west side of Lansing and our wedding is on the west side of Lansing, so i'm looking for places more in that area. I'd rather not have to drive into East Lansing or Okemos.haslett. Grand Ledge would even be closer.

I'm also not into airbrush makeup - personal preference I guess.

Sorry I should have made that more clear when I first posted. Thanks for the suggestions anyways :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding last year and a group called All Tressed Up came (there were four of them). They did everyones hair and makeup at the hotel. They even brought brunch! It was great. I didn't know 2 of the other brides maids, but we all got to hang out together all morning and get to know each other, we had a blast. It was really nice because my friend (the bride) was moving out of state after the wedding, so we got to spend some time together. It was very laid back and everyone was happy with their do and makeup. I was just on their site last week checking them out for my wedding.
    www.alltressedup.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i also really like all tressed up! ive heard good things about them from friends.
  • Options
    lb4908lb4908 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bridewater Spa and Salon in Grand Ledge. Sarah is the person who works on Brides and oversees all work for Bridal parties and she is amazing. My regular stylist was my MOH so I had to find someone new and if my best friend wasn't my hairdresser I would always see Sarah. She listens, makes great suggestions and has an amazing personality. Plus the prices are WAY WAY WAY better than anywhere in Lansing. I adore her and her work was perfect for me, both mom's and the rest of the bridal party. We all have very different taste but everyone loved her and her work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.Heatherfulton.com

She goes On Location and can get 7 girls done in 2-3 hours!
    Her prices are great and the hair is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards