Michigan-Lansing

moderator?

Who's the moderator for this board? can we create a sticky for the top of the page like the Detroit board has for vendor reviews? That way we can put vendor reviews up there and it'll be there for future brides instead of cycling through every couple of days.

Thanks!

Re: moderator?

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have a mod unfortunately so there is no way to make stickies :(
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

That's a great idea.  I don't think this board has a  moderator and I don't know how we go about getting one. Undecided

edited December 2011
    We were talking about it at a GTG awhile back.  From what I know, you just e-mail Knot Annie and say you want to be mod.  I don't know what you have to do to be approved though.
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE that idea. I was just wishing the other day that we had those stickies.

Although, this board can get pretty dead sometimes. I would hate to have the stickies replace about half of the postings on here ;-)

A GTG would be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I always wanted a GTG too! I had thought about requesting to be our mod, but now I'm in the 50-some-day crunch and I don't know that I'd be a good one! It would be cool if someone stepped up to the plate! :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know exactly what the duties include?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_moderator?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:51adec70-a32b-48ac-b61f-6e7f6d32ffe1Post:97084ffd-f5bd-4955-9b2f-c1d648d362b8">Re: moderator?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know exactly what the duties include?
    Posted by SusieQ83[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't them posted anywhere. But I definitely think this board could benefit from having a mod.
  • edited December 2011
    I would do it, but my wedding is over now. I just want to make sure future brides benefit from past brides research.
  • edited December 2011
    Is there anyone that really WANTS the job? I will volunteer for it if we need volunteers but if someone else would enjoy it they are welcome to it! Let me know!
    edited December 2011
    I found this on the Maryland board about what at mod does and how to become one:

"Your primary responsibilities are to announce new features of the Knot/Message boards, remove vendor posts, and do what you can to help other Knotties planning their weddings.  There is also a Moderator Board where you can talk to other mods about how to handle different situations, as well as contests just for the moderators.

If you're interested in the position, send an email to [email protected].  I would suggest you put Baltimore Moderator Position in the subject of your email, and tell them a little information about yourself: Your user name, how long you've been posting, your wedding date, and most importantly, why you think you'd be a good moderator"

SusieQ, I think it's yours if you want it!  I had thought of applying, but I'm a MOB and I think it is a position better filled by a bride.

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    Susie Q do it! But I'd put Lansing, MI Moderator Position in the subject.
    edited December 2011
    Good catch MGLI, I meant to add that change.  Unless Susie would rather me the mod of the Maryland boardWink
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhh and see this is what made me nervous about volunteering in the first place. Between getting busy, sick and going out of town I haven't been on here in a week and a half. Is there a minimum that you have to log on to these boards as a moderator?
    edited December 2011
    SusieQ- How about if we applied as co-moderators?  I know there are some boards that have them.  Let me know if  you're interested.
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea! Should we each send the request e-mail then, both indicating that we'd like to be co-moderators together?

Now I'm exicted! What a great idea!!
    edited December 2011
    I think that is the way to go.  We each send an e-mail saying that we want to be co-moderator and see what they say.  I'll send one today, how about you?
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome, I'll do the same thing!
    edited December 2011
    Ok, we definitely need a mod.  With the 2 Belens Flowers vendor posts, it is just a little ridiculous.
  • edited December 2011
    Gailpete, did you ever apply? I did!
    edited December 2011
    Yes I did, I just need to get the completed application to them.  It's on tonight's to do list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards