Michigan-Lansing

Hair, Nails & Makeup

Hey guys! I'm travelling back to Michigan (from DC) at the beginning of August to do a bunch of last-minute things done before my wedding on Sept 17. I'm doing a tasting with Eagle Eye, getting my dress fitted, my sister/MOH is throwing me a bridal shower & bachelorette party combo AND... I'm hoping to do hair and makeup trials.

Does anyone have advice? I'm thinking of going to Protege in that Chandler Crossings complex. When I was an MSU student I'd go there for haircuts because they were cheap and I was broke. What do you know.. as a bride paying for a nice chunk of my wedding... I'm broke again and I think they do a good job! So, has anyone gotten their hair done in an updo there before? I hear their class graduates in October, so if I go in September they should be quite skillful! Has anyone gotten their nails done there?

I was thinking of getting my makeup done at the Clinique counter in the Meridian Mall. I really love Clinique products but don't love the fact that Protege and Eagle Eye are on one side of town and I'd have to go all the way across town for my makeup. Any advice?

I also need to get my nails done. (I've never gotten them done before) I keep my nails short, but grow them out when I have a special occasion. Sometimes some of them break right beforehand. Can you get a manicure where they put some false naisl on and you use some of your real nails for others? Is it cheaper? Or, should I just get all false nails? Where is there a great place (either near Eagle Eye or Meridian Mall if I stick with Clinique at Macy's) to get nails done?

Thank you so much for your input!

Re: Hair, Nails & Makeup

• edited December 2011
    Whew, lots to address in this post.

I also did not want to be driving all over the place the day of for hair/makeup so my stylists are coming to me. If you'd like more info about my stylists/makeup artist I'd be happy to share. Email me at mgli2006knot@gmail.com

I would get your nails done before the actual day of your wedding. I'm having a mani/pedi done at Zoe Life Spa Salon over on Creyts rd. off of 496. It's relatively new. Anyways, my polish tends to chip off immediately following mani's b/c my nails are so healthy and somewhat oily. So, they put a gel overlay on to prolong them. You may want to look into getting a mani done weeks before the big day and get a gel overlay to prolong it. Not sure if that would work, but it's something to think about if you want natural nails.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Capellini Salon in Haslett for hair & nails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards