Michigan-Lansing

Wheatfield Inn

Any reviews on the Wheatfield Inn in Williamston for an outdoor wedding would be great.

Re: Wheatfield Inn

• edited December 2011

I've never been to the place, but I called them today to check into it and was disappointed on how un-accomidating they were. They would only agree to give me a tour on the weekdays (which doesn't work because I work late and long hours).  Also she was trying to make me confirm when exactly I wanted my wedding and I wanted to have a couple options and not forced into commiting to a date without seeing the place.

• OMG!!! I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I had my wedding at the Wheatfield Inn and I could write you a book about them. For starters...the facility is goregous. Seems so perfect for a wedding. But the owner,  is a nightmare!!!! She is the meanest most unaccomdating woman ever!!! I've spoke to about a dozen other brides who had their wedding here and felt the same way. We've actually talked about starting a Facebook warning group to warn others about her.
  • In Response to Wheatfield Inn:
    I used them for my wedding in 2008. The owner sucks, she caused me so much stress the last month and the day of the wedding I almost cancled it. She is out for money! When I booked her I made a list of what I needed ( extra time to set up) and she said I could set up on Friday for 3 hours and then all day on Saturday. When my florist and caterer called to let her know when they would be arriving she told them they could not come until 12pm. When I called her she told me I would need to pay more money to her if I wanted them there earlier. She said my best option was to pay for a double booking. So I did, then closer to the wedding like a week, she told me I could not do set up in the reception hall until Saturday starting at 12pm (wedding started at 3) unless I paid her more money. I ended up paying her what she wanted or we would not have had any decorations. On the day of the rehersal there was a big storm and she told me she lost power and we would not be able to stay there the night before the wedding and that she did not know when we would be able to to our set up. When we got there, lights were on and we were still not aloud to stay or do set up. I had to get up at 4am on my wedding day to drive out to the Wheatfield in to start setting up the reception hall and ceremony site.  I could go on and on. I would never recomend this location to anyone getting married.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards