Michigan-Lansing

makeup suggestions

I am desperately in need of a makeup person. I'd really like someone who can come to us if at all possible. I've looked into All Tressed Up, but something makes me feel uneasy about them. The pictures of the makeup application on their website just doesn't look completely "finished" to me.

I'm looking into Mirabella salon in Okemos, but as our wedding is in South Lansing/Holt, I'd really like someplace closer or someone who comes to us. I saw another bride mention Aspirations Salon. I know there's one in Holt, but not sure if that's the one they're talking about.

Any help in this area would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks girls!

also my email is [email protected]

Re: makeup suggestions

• alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Aspirations in Holt does hair, makeup, nails, everything.  Jenny King there is my personal stylist- she's great!
  • edited December 2011
    Alknapp-have you had your makeup trial yet? Do you have pictures? I just want to be sure that the makeup is HD. Do you know what brand(s) they use?

Thanks!!
  • Jamryle210Jamryle210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into a Mary Kay lady... You can also go to a Macy's or Younkers.
  • edited December 2011
    I will not recommend Aspirations to anyone, ever...that being said, I do know Mary Kay representatives will come to you (usually)  to do your make-up and they are trained and no I am not affiliated with Mary Kay.     :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just had a trial by Kylie Dothsuk. It went great. She does airbrush and uses Sephora brands like Make Up Forever, NARS, etc. Her email is [email protected].
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'm looking into a makeup artist that will travel to us. She works at Mirabella Salon in Okemos.
  • edited December 2011
    I may sound very stupid... but what is air brushing? Makeup is something I haven't figured out yet either.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_makeup-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:6e311edd-4bec-4294-a724-d6f565a5736fPost:57a367c1-348d-4795-a6fe-bf13eeea00be">Re: makeup suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may sound very stupid... but what is air brushing? Makeup is something I haven't figured out yet either.
    Posted by Jenabenabingbong[/QUOTE]

<div>Airbrushing is a way to put on makeup, usually foundation. The make up artist puts a specialized airbrush foundation into a pressurized airbrush gun. The foundation is essentially sprayed in a fine mist on your face. It's longer lasting than traditional foundation and looks great in pictures. Not everyone likes it, but it worked great for me. </div>
  • msmith1983msmith1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also scheduled a trial with kylie (airbrushing), It's next weds- so I'll post how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    Does Kylie work at a salon or is this her own business? Also, do you know how much she charges?
  • msmith1983msmith1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think she works at a salon. she charges $50 for bride (airbrushing), and $25 for bridesmaid (airbrushing), $20 (reg makeup app.), and can also put on fake lashes.

ended up having to reschedule the trial- but will try her out soon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards