Michigan-Lansing
Options

Guest Book and Gift Tables

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to dress up the gift and guest book tables?  I know that we'll have some flower arrangements for other tables, but I'm just not sure what to do with these.  I thought about creating some cute signs, such as one asking guests to sign the guest book, but I'm not sure what wording to use.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Re: Guest Book and Gift Tables

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the gift table we aren't doing a whole lot.  I have a bird cage which I'll put a green ribbon on it and call it a day.

For the cake table, I painted some "I Do" letters which will sort of match the caketopper as well.

For the guestbook table, I made a sign asking them to sign our guestbook and then I'll either put the toss bouquet or put a centerpiece there.

As far as wording, I think I put:

"Please sign our guestbook!  Leave your love and best wishes for the new Mr. and Mrs!"
  • Options
    ljones725ljones725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the guest book table is a great place to feature your personalities.  Use your engagement photos and do a collage in black & white or sepia or get some baby pictures of the two of you to put next to them or just take a camera and capture some pictures of the two of you doing your favorite things or being silly - I've also seen it used as a place to feature family wedding photos or photos of loved ones who can't be there - maybe your parents/grandparents cake topper or your mom's silver tea set - a family bible? Or do you guys love going to football or basketball games or golf - find something to feature that relates to you and "dress it up" for the wedding - paint it white/ivory - add ribbons or sparkle - combine your college mascots/symbols!  AS far as the gift table - the gifts will cover it for the most part, just dress up the front to match your reception and feature a great creative card box - make it something that speaks of your interests and "dress it up" for the wedding - feature it in white & your colors. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards