Michigan-Lansing
Options

DJ suggestions

We are at the point right now where we are trying to find a DJ for our wedding. I really like the idea of having dueling pianos/DJ service at the reception, but worry that it might be too expensive. We have already contacted a couple of places, but would like any suggestions.

Re: DJ suggestions

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about dueling pianos, but if you are just looking for a DJ I would recommend Push Play DJs or Matt with WED.  Both do a great job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suggest that you NOT use Tunes by T, or at least not their DJ Josh.  At my wedding, Josh called me the wrong name during our entrance at the reception and played the wrong song for our father-daughter dance (which had to be stopped mid-dance so the correct song could be put on).  The owner apologized, but I can't get those moments back.  Now my videographer is trying to creatively edit the video so I won't have to relive the mishaps.
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Tunes by T, with the owner T as our DJ. He's probably more expensive then having one of his employee's though.  

As far as dueling pianos, the people at Mojo's in Grand Rapids are excellent, and I've heard of them doing weddings before. Not sure about price though, esp coming from GR. If we weren't doing a DJ and could afford it, I'd totally go for dueling pianos. That would be awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Matt from W.E.D. He was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards