Michigan-Lansing

Addressing Save the Dates- Advice Needed

Good morning!

We are getting ready to send out our save-the-dates and I wondered how to address the envelopes. Do you address them to the people who will be invited as if it were the actual invitations? Or is that part not taken as seriously?

Example, sending it to a friend who would be invited to bring a date with them (who that would be I wouldn't know yet), would I address their envelope to:
Mr. Mark Smith or Mr. Mark Smith and guest?

What about if you are going to invite just the mom and dad of a family, and not their kids? So that they get the hint, should I be sure to address the envelope to just: Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Addressing Save the Dates- Advice Needed

• kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For ours, I did not include the "and guest" even if I will be including that with the actual invite. I also sent it to just the couple if they had kids - although I don't know if they'll get the hint just from the save the dates. I'll make it more clear with the invite and also spread the word a little bit to my friends with kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If the guest is relatively local I would just address it to them. You may find as you get closer to the wedding that your budget is tighter than you thought and you may decide to eliminate plus 1s for single guests.

On the other hand, if they would have to travel a distance and may want to make travel arrangements you should let them know they can bring a guest on the Save the Date.  However, this does lock you into allowing them to bring a date when the actual invitations go out.

Definitely address the family STDs to just Mr & Mrs if you don't plan to allow kids so they can start looking now for child care arrangements if they want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards