Michigan-Lansing

reception locations

I am still struggling to find a place where I can have my wedding reception. I really really like the idea of a barn wedding! I love old barns and wooden buildings but finding one near the Grand Rapids/Lansing area is a struggle! Millcreek Barns are AMAZING and perfect but are way too far away. I want to have a kind of rustic theme so I am looking for barns or farms. I know there are plenty of family farms that will hold weddings but I can't seem to run across any. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them and at this point I am open to any suggestions! 

Re: reception locations

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Peacock Road Tree Farm in Laingsburg.  They have several locations on their property for the ceremony and the reception, including a barn. 

There is The Country Mill in Potterville. They have recently started doing weddings.

Good Luck.
  • cynthiaupcynthiaup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you look at Woldumar Nature Center?  They have a big white barn that you can rent.  http://www.woldumar.org/rentals.php
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend is getting married next weekend at The Country Mill in Charlotte. Her wedding is a western/country theme, so there is a huge barn.

Shawhaven Farms in Mason also has a barn.

Good luck!
  • ljones725ljones725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a really pretty one east of Grand Rapids in Ravenna, check out www.hitchingpostevents.com, that looks beautiful.  I keep seeing it on GR's craigslist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards